Options

best iPad app for offline viewing?

lanaconquesolanaconqueso Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 18, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi, I would like to download a bunch of galleries from my smugmug account onto the ipad for offline viewing. I looked at the new smugmug app but it seems to cache photos that you recently viewed so i'd have to go and swipe through every single photo to get them cached. Is there an easy way to download entire galleries or can someone recommend another app to do that?

thanks!
L

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2014
    Is this the app you are speaking of?

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/84533-does-smugmug-have-an-ipad-app-

If not then this is the app that will allow to view the SmugMug galleries on your iPad.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    lanaconquesolanaconqueso Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 17, 2014
    yes, that is the one i downloaded, just called "smugmug" right? Is there a way to download an entire gallery for offline viewing? when I was playing with it last night i tested it by switching to airplane mode and only the photos that I had actually clicked on and viewed were downloaded. I read the link you sent... I see that there is a way to download a single picture. does the same button exist for a gallery? (sorry I don't have my ipad with me right now) thanks!
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    The app starts downloading each photo in a gallery when you open up a gallery. Depending on the size of the gallery, it may take some time. You can see the process when looking at the thumbnails for the photos in the gallery. The ones already downloaded should have a white border.
    The download should also keep going if you switch to a different gallery and that different gallery would also be added to the download process.

Of course, for the download to process uninterrupted, make sure to not lock the iPad. Also leave the app open.
    You may also have to check that your iOS device still has free space. The download won't work if the device is running out of space.

If you're still having an issue, I'd suggest that you contact the HelpDesk from the email on file for your account along with details on what specific iOS device and iOS version you use.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero