Options

creating new gallery after update

pigeonpigeon Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
edited March 18, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I *accidentally* updated my web site to the new SmugMug. I caught it, and didn't publish it - as I want to do that when I have time to troubleshoot any problems.

I recently uploaded a gallery of photos, but when I send the link to others, they cannot access it. It's an unlisted gallery.

Is this because I have not published the new web site??

How can I fix this?

thanks,
teresa

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    pigeon wrote: »
    Hi,
    I *accidentally* updated my web site to the new SmugMug. I caught it, and didn't publish it - as I want to do that when I have time to troubleshoot any problems.

I recently uploaded a gallery of photos, but when I send the link to others, they cannot access it. It's an unlisted gallery.

Is this because I have not published the new web site??

How can I fix this?

thanks,
    teresa
    Before I unveiled I switched to legacy to add galleries. That way I put in the structure I wanted, cat
    and sub-cat. NewSmug has no idea what the legacy structure is and always adds new galleries to
    the "Preview" category on legacy.

Publish and unveil are two different things. Publish just saves the NewSmug customization changes page by page.
    Unveil makes the NewSmug official and replaces the legacy site.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    You'll want to get the Unlisted gallery link from your Legacy site. Click "View Legacy" link at the top of your site to switch back to that view. Once in the Legacy view you can get your Unlisted gallery link and use that one to share.
    Allen wrote: »
    Publish and unveil are two different things. Publish just saves the NewSmug customization changes page by page.
    Unveil makes the NewSmug official and replaces the legacy site.

Actually this is not accurate anymore. Publish is the new Unveil :). They changed the wording to make it less confusing a few weeks ago.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    You'll want to get the Unlisted gallery link from your Legacy site. Click "View Legacy" link at the top of your site to switch back to that view. Once in the Legacy view you can get your Unlisted gallery link and use that one to share.

Actually this is not accurate anymore. Publish is the new Unveil :). They changed the wording to make it less confusing a few weeks ago.

Thanks! Is there a forum or thread to help with the update? FAQ, etc., and common fixes? I saw the customization forum but that didn't seem to be focused enough, but seems to be a great place for me to post questions afterwards.