Options

Legacy & NSM maddening catchup game: can I take website offline for damage ctrl?

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited March 18, 2014 in SmugMug Support
While in NSM, I am customizing the look of the home page which is actually the Services page of the legacy.

I read that galleries or pages will not be in expected places at one or the other site.

When I go back to legacy, content is gone from headshots and children portraiture.

and on the NSM homepage, when I change one page they all have the same link. SOUND LIKE I DON"T KNOW WHAT THE >>>>> I AM DOING?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SM Having both websites in transition this way is so not right.

The sandbox is a fine concept but whatever changes I make in NSM screws everything up in Legacy so there is no sit back kick the tires come in the water's fine because it is not. This is terrible.

======================================================

I am wondering if I should just migrate the dang thing and spend a day or a week through a ever rampening busy season to do damage control? I have 2 huge gigs coming up and clients will be seeing my site or the site in transition....this is so messed up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is there a way to take my website OFFLINE while I fix shit so the public doesn't see the disaster .

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    When I was in sandbox I make all normal content changes in legacy. Adding galleries, changing gallery
    description, captions, changing info pages (old journal style galleries), etc. For my info pages I created new
    pages on NewSmug to take the place of legacy ones (not public till I unveil). I moved nothing around,
    galleries, on NewSmug because it affected legacy. Basically I just made it look good and ready for when I unveil.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    When I was in sandbox I make all normal content changes in legacy. Adding galleries, changing gallery
    description, captions, changing info pages (old journal style galleries), etc. For my info pages I created new
    pages on NewSmug to take the place of legacy ones (not public till I unveil). I moved nothing around,
    galleries, on NewSmug because it affected legacy. Basically I just made it look good and ready for when I unveil.

I appreciate when you guys respond....it is 11 o'clock, it is late and I have to futz around with this before I can go to sleep....

thank you.....

I created a new page, but the link and content is duplicated on subsequent linkson the same page while content disappears in legacy......

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

wait.....if i create a new page and use the same images that were displayed on a similar page in legacy does this screw things up? I added these images in NSM by tagging the images with the same keyword ....

Canthe same images/keyworded images be used in differnt places?

eek7.gif
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    If it is just photo links you can use them anywhere. Sounds like you added a multi-photo
    box and drew from a keyword. Should be no problem. There is only one big pile of photos
    with captions and keywords that both NSM and legacy use. :D
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog