Options

Cosmo / SmugMug Appearance Bug

AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
edited March 19, 2014 in Bug Reporting
I am not sure if this pertains purely to a design based on Cosmo, or if it applies to numerous styles.

If I create a gallery (which is based on Cosmo's style) the default appearance for that gallery is SmugMug. When I view the gallery live, the appearance (even though it says it is SmugMug) is not - it defaults to Journal.

In order to get it to display as SmugMug, I need to set it to anything else (like Slideshow), save it and then re-edit the appearance back to SmugMug.

Only after doing this, does it display as SmugMug.

I can put up screengrabs to better illustrate, if needed?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2014
    Can you include a link to such a gallery before making any changes?
    Are you seeing the issue in the gallery settings from both, the organize screen and within the gallery?
    Did you create the gallery via the organize screen or with the upload > new gallery option from outside of organize?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2014
    Hi Sebastien. I have been using my stated workaround for some time now (since the launch of the new SM) and have been meaning to report it. It seems it doesn't matter which way a gallery is created, it results in the same thing.

I did a test to check this: From the homepage, I selected Upload/To New Gallery and placed 5 images into it: www.apertureplus.com/Test
    I then went to the Organiser and created a new gallery and put the same 5 images into this gallery: www.apertureplus.com/Test2

The appearance of both galleries is identical.

If you go in the settings of both galleries and look at Appearance, they are both set to SmugMug, which they are not.

The only way to get them to appear as SmugMug is to save them in a different style and then save again as SmugMug - as described above.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2014
    Has this been accepted as a bug - so that I can take down the test galleries?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited March 13, 2014
    Has this been accepted as a bug - so that I can take down the test galleries?
    Why not make the galleries unlisted and update your posts above with the links to the unlisted galleries?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2014
    Why not make the galleries unlisted and update your posts above with the links to the unlisted galleries?

--- Denise

Good idea Denise - thanks. I just would have thought that it would not have taken this long for SM to confirm this, but I guess I am wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?