Options

Gallery Description formatting

geohsiageohsia Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited March 19, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to format the Gallery Description? I like the way it is laid out:

http://geohsia.smugmug.com/Website/Photo-Essays/Lizboa/

The only issue is that because I have a background the text is not easy to see. I wan to create a text box similar to what I have in my About:

http://geohsia.smugmug.com/About

What I would want to do though is wrap around both the Gallery Title and the Description. If it's just the Description that's fine as I can add the title in manually using HTML.

Is there an easy way to set the framing around the Gallery description without having to stuff a bunch of HTML into the Gallery description?

I am trying to set up a system so that in future galleries I can just add the description and it gets formatted properly. I am trying to avoid moving around too much text. I'm not much of a programmer and I know I'll forget how to do it in a few weeks. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2014
    geohsia wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if there is an easy way to format the Gallery Description? I like the way it is laid out:

http://geohsia.smugmug.com/Website/Photo-Essays/Lizboa/

The only issue is that because I have a background the text is not easy to see. I wan to create a text box similar to what I have in my About:

http://geohsia.smugmug.com/About

What I would want to do though is wrap around both the Gallery Title and the Description. If it's just the Description that's fine as I can add the title in manually using HTML.

Is there an easy way to set the framing around the Gallery description without having to stuff a bunch of HTML into the Gallery description?

I am trying to set up a system so that in future galleries I can just add the description and it gets formatted properly. I am trying to avoid moving around too much text. I'm not much of a programmer and I know I'll forget how to do it in a few weeks. Thanks!
    This gets a quick background. Add to "all galleries" CSS.
    .sm-gallery-description {
       background: rgba(12, 126, 173, .30);
       padding: 12px; /* spacing from edges */
    }

Might also add color for text so it can be seen.
    color:#999;
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    Hi Allen,
    Thanks! Works great. A few questions to follow-up:

a) How do I include the Gallery Title? I tried .sm-gallery-title but that didn't work. How do I find out what CSS object (not sure if this is the right term) the Title content block is?
    b) How do I add a border / rounded edges?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    Hi Allen,
    Thanks! Works great. A few questions to follow-up:

a) How do I include the Gallery Title? I tried .sm-gallery-title but that didn't work. How do I find out what CSS object (not sure if this is the right term) the Title content block is?
    b) How do I add a border / rounded edges?

Thanks!
    Start with this and tweak from here.
    background:rgba(28,28,28,.80);
    padding:12px;
    border: 4px solid #292929;
    border-radius: 18px;
    }

.sm-page-title {
    padding: 0 10px;
    }

• Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    Thanks again Allen. Sorry, last question. Is there a way to wrap the title / description into the same box? Or somehow drop the title into the description?
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    Thanks again Allen. Sorry, last question. Is there a way to wrap the title / description into the same box? Or somehow drop the title into the description?
    Looks like if you set a % width they stay equal stretching the browser back and forth. Did this real
    quick so not sure if it really works.
    padding:12px;
    [COLOR=Red]width:74%;[/COLOR]
    }

.sm-page-title {
    padding: 0 10px;
    [COLOR=Red]width:74%;[/COLOR]
    }

• Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    Hi Allen,
    Thanks. I am trying to avoid two text boxes. I think I'll just type the name manually into the description manually. I jsut need to figure out how to give it the "Heading" format. Thanks for your help