Options

Lightbox info overlay covering browser scroll bar

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
edited March 21, 2014 in Bug Reporting
In lightbox when selecting a size larger then "fill" I can't get to the browser bottom scroll bar. I see it
after waiting the 3? sec for the overlay to disappear. But when hovering the scroll bar the overlay
pops back and makes the scroll bar inoperable. Firefox

IE - Same thing but can wiggle my mouse some and the scroll bar shows a small portion on right side
which can be operated.

This is a huge problem in my family galleries as I have photographed full album pages and most times
the "original" has to be viewed and scrolled to see the multiple photos on the page.
Edit: viewing "original" in IE LB bottom scroll bar completely unusable.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2014
    I observe this one's gotten a fix. It looks like one of the developers pushed the following in the SmugMug CSS:
    .sm-lightbox-scrollable .yui3-widget-ft {
        left: 15px;
        bottom: 15px;
        right: 15px;
    }

That's beautiful in Chrome, but unfortunately the scrollbars in Firefox 27 are 21px wide, not 15. For IE10 it looks like the magic number is 17px. (At this point the SM developer involved would be fully justified in using rude language in reference to browser variations.) So while the fix is functional -- and I do appreciate getting something out as quickly as possible -- I look forward to a little polishing. I've patched my own site already for Firefox, but I'll let SM deal with the zillions of other browsers.

(This bug is also discussed at http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=245841, but I've not cross-posted.)

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com