Options

Lightbox slideshow not working

rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited March 24, 2014 in Bug Reporting
I just noticed that I can no longer start the gallery slideshow from the lightbox. Firefox browser. This has only happened since yesterday's changes to the lghtbox.

Paul

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2014
    I can reproduce that on your site (for example in this gallery) here using Google Chrome. Clicking the start slideshow button changes to fullscreen mode correctly, and the slideshow icon changes to the pause button, but the image never advances automatically, and clicking the arrows or pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard does nothing.
  • Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2014
    Paul,

Can you try changing the Gallery Style from SmugMug to another style as a test and let us know if that makes a difference?
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2014
    Teach wrote: »
    Paul,

Can you try changing the Gallery Style from SmugMug to another style as a test and let us know if that makes a difference?

I changed the above gallery to collage landscape and the slide show started properly. I've returned it to SM style. The above gallery was a migrated gallery so I also checked the behaviour on this new SM created gallery http://paultavares.smugmug.com/Wildlife/Birds/AU14/ It behaved the same as the migrated legacy gallery. ie. no slideshow in SM style but works in collage. I've left this one as collage for now.

Thanks for the quick response.

Paul
  • Options
    Titus213Titus213 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    Experiencing the same issue with SmugMud default gallery style. Other styles seem to allow the gallery slide show to work fine. SmugMug style goes to full screen image and never changes. Hitting escape take you out of full screen but leaves you with a large image view.

I've tried both new and migrated galleries with same results.

Same thing happens in Safari and Firefox.

Site is www.NorwoodPhotos.com

I signed out, went back to my site and now the slide shows are not working at all, no images appear.

I am running OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks) on an 27" i7. Could it be machine related? The site works normally on my MacBook.
    Dave
    Perspiring Photographer
    Norwood Photos
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2014
    Titus213 wrote: »
    I am running OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks) on an 27" i7. Could it be machine related? The site works normally on my MacBook.

Doubtful, since it didn't work for me on 10.9.2 on my Retina MacBook.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    Lamah wrote: »
    Doubtful, since it didn't work for me on 10.9.2 on my Retina MacBook.

Thanks Lamah, that's somewhat encouraging. I think.

It works on my old MacBook running the same OS version. I'm thinking video card related.

At any rate it's a pain and is not working at all at this point - no images brought up at all.
    Dave
    Perspiring Photographer
    Norwood Photos
  • Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2014
    The slideshow not playing in smugmug style is a known issue - we are working to get a fix out. If you need the slideshow to work for now, please change the gallery style to something else - sorry about the inconvenience.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2014
    A fix for the slideshow not playing in smugmug style is live, thanks for your patience
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2014
    moiraine wrote: »
    A fix for the slideshow not playing in smugmug style is live, thanks for your patience

Thank you!

Premature - it's not working for all galleries on my site.
    Dave
    Perspiring Photographer
    Norwood Photos
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2014
    The fix for the slideshow not playing in smugmug style is not working on all galleries. In addition, it no longer works on other gallery styles.

It does seem to be working on a very small subset of my galleries.

Using Firefox.
    Dave
    Perspiring Photographer
    Norwood Photos
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2014
    Can you be more specific as to which galleries aren't working for you?

Also, which other gallery styles are broken? Links to galleries would be helpful in this case, thank you
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2014
    moiraine - this morning it all looks good. I can't find a gallery that's not working.

Thank you!
    Dave
    Perspiring Photographer
    Norwood Photos