Options

My friend Rachel

berhimwichberhimwich Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited July 15, 2004 in People
I shot this picture of my friend Rachel last night. She has asked me to take more cheerful pictures, LOL!

6135324-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    Hi ber wave.gif Looks nice, but I can see why she'd rather have a more cheerful face! Her face looks a little dark on my monitor - is that on purpose?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2004
    Yeah, it's a little dark on purpose
    I like the shots to be a little moody. It doesn't look overly dark on my monitor (I'm using a Sony Vaio notebook). But it certainly isn't light in the way you'd expect from most pictures. But I definitely appreciate your feedback.
    wxwax wrote:
    Hi ber wave.gif Looks nice, but I can see why she'd rather have a more cheerful face! Her face looks a little dark on my monitor - is that on purpose?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 15, 2004
    berhimwich wrote:
    I shot this picture of my friend Rachel last night. She has asked me to take more cheerful pictures, Laughing.gif!

6135324-S.jpg
    Was there a reason you chose to make her B&W and the background a greenish color? I fail to see the advantage in this. I do like the moody look on her face and the intensity of effort.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2004
    I used NightShot mode
    The reason the background is green is because I used the NightShot mode on my Cyber-shot camera. I could have converted the picture to grayscale but I enjoy the green effect the mode creates. Thank you for your inquiry.