Options

Only way to chose a picture is from gallery?!

RagingReptarRagingReptar Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 28, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I would like to upload a photo that's not in the gallery (Like a display picture) but the only way is via a gallery? That's kind of ridiculous its just a profile picture not meant for a gallery, can anyone help me out here?

Regard,
RagingReptar

Comments

• Options
    FlounderFlounder Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2014
    Hi

The image must be in a gallery. Images that you want to use for site files, like your profile, background, watermarks, etc. can all be uploaded to an unlisted gallery. Here is some help with gallery and folder privacy: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1229910

If you have any questions or problems, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Nick
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    RagingReptarRagingReptar Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 28, 2014
    Hey Flounder,

Thanks for your reply, so I can have an unlisted and password protected folder/gallery and it will still show up, as long as its not private they will show up?

Thanks,
    RagingReptar
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited March 28, 2014
    ...so I can have an unlisted and password protected folder/gallery and it will still show up, as long as its not private they will show up?
    Unlisted galleries will only show up if someone has a direct link to the gallery or the photo in the gallery. They will always show up if you are logged in to your site.

From the help page referenced above:
    Anyone with the Link (Unlisted): Hidden from the public
    Galleries accessibly by Anyone with the Link aren't visible on your SmugMug homepage and aren't included in search engines.
    If you reference photos in an unlisted gallery they will be visible.

--- Denise