Options

Selling Other Services?

kcentrickcentric Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited March 31, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Bayphoto is set to my lab for orders. I have a customer looking for matted framed pints. I don't see it in the list of available products for me to offer, but when I search for a source to provide this Bayphoto comes up as the top hit in the search engine. They do offer the service. Is there any way to link our Smugug accounts to their additional services? Even if we can't get a discount on it I would still like to be able to offer it and add on some kind of a profit margin. Any thoughts, or am I just overlooking the item?

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2014
    Matted/framed prints will be available by default if you select Bay Photo as your lab. If you add a print to your shopping cart and you click Checkout, you'll see an "add frames and more" button next to each item in your cart (where mounting/framing is available). Frames, mats, mounting, and spray options can be added here. At this time, it's not possible to set a profit margin for frames/mounting options, though, sorry! Profit can only be specified for the print itself at the moment. If you do not want to offer the frames/mounting options, you can disable that in your pricelist, by unchecking the "Allow Photo Extras" option when editing the pricleist in question.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    kcentrickcentric Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2014
    Thanks Josh. I knew I was just overlooking something. That works for me. The checkout process is a bit complicated and I haven't familiarized myself enough with it. Unfortunately it is probably even more confusing to my customers. I'll have to reduce my number of options for them... and also order some of my own stuff to follow the flow end-to-end so I can be better able to help them.