Options

need recommendations for ipad app to collect customer information

GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
edited March 31, 2014 in Mind Your Own Business
I want to go digital for my customer information form, but I am having trouble finding an app that will do what I want. I dont want it to use my ipads contacts since it will get lost with thousands of other people. I want the information to be kept in the database or spreadsheet of the app that can be sent to my email address or what have you.

Right now I use a paper contact form/portrait agreement, and I intend to type it up later which I never do, and when I do sometimes its not readable. If I can just hand the ipad tot he client at the beginning of their session and get their information that way, that would be perfect. :)

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2014
    This all my be totally irrelevant - as you are looking for ipad app
    There was a similar question - but for PC software - to track clients at this forum: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-shop-talk/354630-software.html

Suggestions included:
    Quicken
    Quickbooks
    a free CRM is ZOHO CRM
    Field Service Management Software | Jobber
    Explorer Pivot, Construction Project Management Software

Ecco Pro for Windows 7 & 8
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2014
    I went to buy an Iplod for the mrs the other week for her birthday. I jokingly asked the sales girl how huge a discount she could do if I bought 2 of the things. She really did give me a huge discount so I bought the 2.
    Wife was stoked but now I'm wondering what I can use the thing to make me money in the business. Makes a nice viewfinder for the go pro and I want to see if I can use it for tethering wired or wireless to the SLRs. I'll also put some demo slide shows on it for when I visit potential clients and doing presentations to them.

I'll check out these programs and see what other useful business software is available for the things.
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2014
    I can hook the ipad up to my 6D using the built in wifi using canon camera eos but its not that useable in studio as a live view since the light is coming from the strobes. I still need to play with it a bit more to figure out a way for it to show each capture after its taken, something like that would be handy for mini sessions like commercial headshots.

I still have to research portfolio apps. the simple solution would be to create pdfs the size of the ipad screen and let them flip through there, or even simpler - create a "portfolio" album in the pictures folder. there is sticky albums but they seem over priced for what they are.

How much of a discount did you get for the 2 of them? :D Im curious now.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2014
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams