Options

Title/description bar timeout

echesakechesak Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited March 31, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Howdy folks,

I'm using Collage Landscape in a couple of my galleries. When an image is clicked and the image is enlarged and displayed, the Title/Description bar covers the image. Depending on how much information in in the Title/description fields, it covers 1/3 of the image. It's remains visible until the mouse is stationary for 3 or 4 seconds. I liked the old method, where it remained collapsed until the viewer clicked to see the information. Are there settings for this Title/Description bar?

Thanks,

Eric

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2014
    You aren't alone here, the old method was way better. The new method is terrible. And the timing
    sucks. Try using the R/L arrows in lightbox and it never collapses. You have to remove your mouse
    and wait on every photo.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2014
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this experience... Are you doing anything as a work-around?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2014
    echesak wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this experience... Are you doing anything as a work-around?
    I customized the caption to only show the first line when logged out. The bar across still shows
    but small and not too intrusive.
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/Missouri-Bird-Photos-A-G/i-d6xMW7P/A

If after it hides use the keyboard arrows and it doesn't unhide. Use the R/L arrows and it remains showing.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I customized the caption to only show the first line when logged out. The bar across still shows
    but small and not too intrusive.
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/Missouri-Bird-Photos-A-G/i-d6xMW7P/A

If after it hides use the keyboard arrows and it doesn't unhide. Use the R/L arrows and it remains showing.

Was that something you wrote custom, or is it in a customization menu somewhere? I located a few options, but nothing that helps this issue much.

Nice IR shots, BTW. It's great to see another IR photographer. Seems that IR gets poo poo'd by serious photographers. I find it to be a fantastic tool for B&W images.
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2014
    Nicholas also has some nice lightbox customizations you might want to check out:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Lightbox-captions
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2014
    Thanks Pband. That looks more like what I'm shooting for, but I don't like how his customizations clip the top of the photo, if more space is allocated below for the description & title.