Options

Smugmug Replacing My Custom Domain on Facebook?

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited April 4, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I created a new page, and posted it using my custom domain on Facebook.

i-5krcXzw-L.jpg

In the window with the photo that represents the page you can see my custom domain, and the page's metadata. No problem.

When I went to browse the wall in order to read other folks posts I saw someone else has liked my link.

i-56jrQGR-L.jpg

Notice it doesn't say, "likes an article on RonLutzII-Photographer." Instead it says, "SmugMug." Also, in the window with the photo, it also says, "Smugmug" instead of my own domain.

What's up with that?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2014
    Could you post a link to the specific page you posted along with a link to your post on Facebook? If possible also include a link to the like from that person you're seeing the issue for. If you don't want to post that on a public forum, contact the HelpDesk instead with all the details.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2014
    The page is here.

My Facebook. It's the latest post.

I can't sort out how to post a link to his "like" from my feed. It looks just like the screencap. I can post the code that would embed his like.
    <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/webberstudio/posts/10151972781611035:0" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/webberstudio/posts/10151972781611035:0">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/webberstudio">Alfred C Webber Jr</a>.</div></div>

When I look on the wall of people I tagged in my post, my own domain appears, so no problem there.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2014
    That seems to be the way Facebook works when it comes to likes. It's automatically displaying the name of the app that was used to share, which happens to be the SmugMug app since you shared it from within SmugMug.

The only way I can see around that, would be to manually post the link on Facebook without using the share option on SmugMug.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2014
    That seems to be the way Facebook works when it comes to likes. It's automatically displaying the name of the app that was used to share, which happens to be the SmugMug app since you shared it from within SmugMug.

The only way I can see around that, would be to manually post the link on Facebook without using the share option on SmugMug.

I actually do just that. I copy the URL of the page I want to post directly from the address bar. I've found it more reliable as means to ensure the correct thumbnail appears. When I've used the SM share to FB menu, sometimes the wrong thumbnail shows up.