Options

everybody kisses at the clock

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited July 15, 2004 in People
hi everyone,

back in april i posted this

and today, well, i'm standing there in the middle of gct and these two just kiss ... quite a lovely sendoff, it was touching. i wasn't going for them, there was another man behind them and to the left that was playing the kazoo... but when i saw the kiss taking shape i shifted quickly.

taken with my canon 10d, 1/100th sec, f/1.4 at iso 1600. 50mm f/1.4 lens aboard.

6147169-M.jpg

enjoy (a kiss at the station) photography,

Comments

• Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    How to embarrass young lovers rolleyes1.gif time for another pic on the jumbotron :D
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    Another great shot at the clock! I'm currently shopping for a fast Nikon 85mm f/1.4 for the low light candids such as this. I came across a Canon 85mm f/1.2 and immediately thought of you in the GCT. It's kinda pricey, but everyone says its amazing.

Dave
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    Another great shot at the clock! I'm currently shopping for a fast Nikon 85mm f/1.4 for the low light candids such as this. I came across a Canon 85mm f/1.2 and immediately thought of you in the GCT. It's kinda pricey, but everyone says its amazing.

Dave
    thanks so much, dave!

85mm is nice, but a bit long for me.

here's what i'm going for next
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2004
    Stan wrote:
    How to embarrass young lovers rolleyes1.gif time for another pic on the jumbotron :D

thanks so much for looking, stan!
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    andy wrote:
    thanks so much, dave!

That 35mm looks like a great lens too. I was in the market to buy some good glass, but I came across a great deal on a new laptop and couldn't pass it up. I'm still trying to decide on my next lens, but I know its going to be a few months before I can but the good stuff. I may have a few f/1.8 primes in my near future, just to satisfy my thirst for more glass.

I knew this DSLR was going to be expensive, but damn...its more like a disease!

Dave
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 14, 2004
    andy wrote:
    thanks so much, dave!

Andy ,
    The 35 f1.4 L has a reputation for lovely bokeh and sharpness. Any other reason for preferring this lens to the 24 f1.4 L, or the 28 f1.8 USM which is less than half the price of either the 35 f1.4L or the 24 f1.4 L ??
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Andy ,
    The 35 f1.4 L has a reputation for lovely bokeh and sharpness. Any other reason for preferring this lens to the 24 f1.4 L, or the 28 f1.8 USM which is less than half the price of either the 35 f1.4L or the 24 f1.4 L ??

yeah, i want a lens that's +/- equivalent to 50mm in 35mm focal length. at 1.6x or 1.3x mwink.gif