Options

Picasa uploader No option to login

JGS2NJGS2N Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited April 7, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have always used the picasa uploader without issue. Now when I try to use it, I get the login screen but cannot enter text for my username and password. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2014
    Hi,

I would highly suggest exporting your images from Picasa, download to your desktop, and then upload in a standard browser uploader.

Thanks -Scott
  • Options
    JGS2NJGS2N Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. Kind of a cumbersome process. The picasa uploader has always been great in the past.
    Hi,

I would highly suggest exporting your images from Picasa, download to your desktop, and then upload in a standard browser uploader.

Thanks -Scott
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 7, 2014
    JGS2N,

From an investigation that I have done into this issue. This problem only effects Windows 8 and maybe Windows 7 (from what I have been able to reproduce). For some reason, Picasa isn't allowing javascript to run when the plugin is launched. I'm not sure if this is just a bug in Picasa or related to some sort of security setting within the Windows OS.

Rolling back to a previous version of Picasa, will most likely resolve the issue for you. Alternatively, you could try logging in issue with Google about it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos