Options

Imbed slideshow in Facebook

Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited April 10, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I would like to imbed an album slideshow in Facebook. I clicked on Show Off and copied the Imbed Code which I pasted into my Facebook status. It didn't work. Anyone know how to do this successfully?
Many thanks - Lesley

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2014
    Hi Lesley,
    I don't think Facebook supports the SmugMug slideshow embed code. Instead, you could just post a link to your gallery and that would allow visitors to view the photos in the gallery. A visitor could then also choose to start a slideshow.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2014
    Thanks Sebastian for the prompt reply - I am already doing as you suggested but some of my Facebook viewers complain about not finding the Slideshow button or not being able to click off captions as they are apparently not computer savvy. I thought I would make it easier by imbedding the slideshow.
    Thanks again ....
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2014
    Another option is to create a page, place a slideshow on it, assign an eye-catching image to it, and then post the link to the page.

In fact, I think I'll go try that myself right now and see how it works. I'll post a link here when I'm done. Now, to go pick something at random...
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2014
    I just whipped up a page to see if this would work. Now to post to FB and see how it works there as well...