Options

MAJOR PROBLEM!!! with watermark on Mobile devices

PhilmarPhilmar Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited April 26, 2014 in Bug Reporting
MAJOR PROBLEM!!! with watermark on Mobile devices

I recently changed my watermark, made a new quick setting that had my new watermark in it. Uploaded a couple new galleries. The new watermark showed up on my laptop but my sister in law was looking on here Ipad at a softball game I just loaded yesterday and guess what.... NO WATERMARKS AT ALL!!! How can that be, they are on my lap top but not on Mobile. Figured out that if I went into organize and then choose "watermark" it then applied then to mobile. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make sure things are the way I want them.

And while I'm venting, You changed the Quick settings...now you have to click on the "checkmark", why don't you tell people when you make changes. You got me on that one, I uploaded a gallery, selected my quick setting but didn't click the "Checkmark' Found out the next day that I didn't have right click or watermarks applied. You people are starting to piss me off!!

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2014
    Hi Phil,

Here's my reply from your email,

Your images are likely being displayed in a smaller size on the mobile device, and your watermark may be set to not apply to smaller sizes.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343

When you create a watermark now, you can choose the smallest size that you want it applied to. Many Pros have requested the ability to not watermark the small/medium sizes that are often used in the landscape and portrait collage gallery styles, they only want the larger images watermarked. We now give you that choice.

You'll want to double-check the settings on your watermark (through the Account Settings > Business > Branding > manage watermarks) and if you need to make changes, change the "smallest size" setting then reapply the watermark using the Organizer tools. Using the Organizer will put the images back into processing to update the watermark.

Take care,
    Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/