OOYCZ #5 Entry thread- Feathered Friends

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited April 27, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, we are going to try a new way of entering. You will not put your images in this thread, but you will enter them into a gallery set up specifically for this challenge. You can enter them at the following link:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/guest/wZgNL3/OOYCZ5

This should work. Please put your Dgrin user name (required) in the caption. All images without a registered Dgrin user name will be disqualified.

The entries will be accepted till Sunday, April 27th at 3pm Alaska time (here is a map for you to see the difference between my time zone and yours http://www.worldtimezone.com/ ), at which time I will put up a poll for voting.

To vote, you must critique each image (except your own if you entered). Any votes that do not have critiques from the voter, in the voting thread will be discarded and not count. Yes, I can see who votes for who.

The point system will be gone and the votes will tell how well you did. Each round will have a certain number you can vote for. That will depend on how many entries there are. For the most part it will be 3 votes. If we grow in entry numbers, this may change to more.

I have updated the OOYCZ Challenge Guide to include the new changes listed above. Hopefully this will simplify things.

Let me know ASAP if you run into any snags! Just reply to this post for help. :thumb

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 24, 2014
    is this working for anyone?
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited April 24, 2014
    Hi Joyce, not sure whether or not I will be able to enter and critique this time as we are in Korea and Japan just now and focused on visiting friends here. We'll see.

I have the impression that others could be in a similar situation this time - entering photos in threads but the timing not working out for follow through?
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2014
    When I click on the link I get a page to enter a photo. But I haven't taken a photo of a bird, and probably won't because after my surgery, the prescription for my glasses is now wrong. So I can see in focus if I close my right eye and see the correct colors if I close my left eye, and that is too complicated for me to try to take a photo of a bird. :(
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
    edited April 25, 2014
    many were posting their pre pictures. I think they should enter them anyway! The link will take you directly to an upload to gallery. If it doesn't let you change the caption to your dgrin user name, you can always leave your dgrin user name in a comment on your image so I will know who the image belongs to. Then I will add it to the caption.

sapphire- have a great time traveling. I hope you do get some time but understand if you cannot get it in.

grandmaR, I hope you get your eyes worked out. So sorry your having to endure such a thing. It must be frustrating to you. Praying they get better soon!
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2014
    Joyce this is just the norm for cataract operations. I still have to have the left eye done
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2014
    OK, this is the first time I've had a go at one of these and I've messed up!

I had assumed that at some point in the drag and drop upload process it would prompt me for a caption and so I assume I have to go back and modify the original in Lightroom so the caption is exported in the jpg meta data. I also can't see how to put a comment on the image (as opposed to the gallery) to put my Username in there as an alternative.

JAG could you please delete my current upload and I'll have another go.

Alan.
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2014
    Alan I think you can just add a comment ? that is what I did, so Joyce can you say yes or no .New is not easy rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
    edited April 27, 2014
    Yes, just add a comment. I didn't realize that people were unable to caption the images. So if you could just put your dgrin user name in a comment, I will add it to the caption area for you. Thanks!

You can find the gallery here: OOYCZ 5 Gallery

Alan, I already added your user name to your image for you. Unless you wanted to put in another image still?
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited April 27, 2014
    JAG - could you delete the 3rd image for me? I went to upload an image for this challenge with my iPad mini but didn't realize how very small the file size is until I saw it uploading. Still overseas and only have internet access in hotel lobby so I will have to pass up the challenge this time. Thanks.
  • Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2014
    JAG wrote: »
    Yes, just add a comment. I didn't realize that people were unable to caption the images. So if you could just put your dgrin user name in a comment, I will add it to the caption area for you. Thanks!

You can find the gallery here: OOYCZ 5 Gallery

Alan, I already added your user name to your image for you. Unless you wanted to put in another image still?

Many thanks JAG ... I could spend more time on the image, but as previously said ... its only for a bit of fun, so I'll stick with the one uploaded.

Thanks for your help.

Alan
    edited April 27, 2014
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    JAG - could you delete the 3rd image for me? I went to upload an image for this challenge with my iPad mini but didn't realize how very small the file size is until I saw it uploading. Still overseas and only have internet access in hotel lobby so I will have to pass up the challenge this time. Thanks.

Your image looks just fine on my computer screen and low file size doesn't have to be huge since there will be no printing. Are you sure you want to withdraw?
    edited April 27, 2014
    Hi JAG - glad you replied when I happen to be "online " at 8:54 am. If you think it looks fine, then go ahead and leave it in. People have already been generous with input in earlier threads but I am always happy to have more input. Glad to see 3 fantastic images from others in the gallery!
    edited April 27, 2014
    will do then! I was just about getting ready to start on the poll thread. Thanks everyone who participated. Loved seeing the interactions and learning some new things too! thumb.gif