Options

Problem with Photo Replacement (with Proof Delay)

danhicokdanhicok Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 29, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am trying to replace an edited version of a photo that has been purchased that was set to proof delay. I go to the review order page, select "Replace Photo". I get the dialog that allows me to select the photo. I select the photo and I get the "We got it..." message that seems to indicate that the replacement has been successful. However, when I go to check the crop, I see that the old photo is still there. Is there any way to confirm that the correct photo is being printed? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    Please email the Heroes directly, and we can take a look to see what's going on. Be sure to include the Order #:
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    tworstwors Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2013
    danhicok wrote: »
    I am trying to replace an edited version of a photo that has been purchased that was set to proof delay. I go to the review order page, select "Replace Photo". I get the dialog that allows me to select the photo. I select the photo and I get the "We got it..." message that seems to indicate that the replacement has been successful. However, when I go to check the crop, I see that the old photo is still there. Is there any way to confirm that the correct photo is being printed? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan I have noticed that also. It actually takes a few minutes for it to load. I have had to log out and relog back in to verify it. I don't know if you had the same problem but I also kept getting logged off after each replacement when replacing multiple photos... Very frustrating!
  • Options
    awgPhotoawgPhoto Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2013
    I've been having a similar problem today with my first print order through Smugmug. First, something happened with Lightroom which deleted the entire gallery and the images linked to the order. And when I tried to replace the images with edited ones i could a confirmation of a successful upload but they never appeared and when I select Edit Crop I only get a grey box. The replacement did however appear in the connected gallery. I have raised a query with support to resolve this.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2013
    awgPhoto wrote: »
    I've been having a similar problem today with my first print order through Smugmug. First, something happened with Lightroom which deleted the entire gallery and the images linked to the order. And when I tried to replace the images with edited ones i could a confirmation of a successful upload but they never appeared and when I select Edit Crop I only get a grey box. The replacement did however appear in the connected gallery. I have raised a query with support to resolve this.

Thank you for emailing our support heroes! They should be able to get this issue squared away for you.

Michael
  • Options
    S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2013
    I'm having trouble with photo replacement too. The batch replacement doesn't work for one, I drag and drop an image into the box and the image opens on the browser window instead of queuing to upload. So I have to do them individually (which is a pain with a lot of images). That works sometimes, but most of the time after I browse, find the file, then hit "Replace" it goes to my login screen. I log in again and it just goes to a blank screen. Weird stuff.
    Sam
  • Options
    pgwelchpgwelch Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2014
    I am having similar problems. When trying to replace multiple images in a single sales order, JAVA starts, then crashes. I am using the latest version of Chrome and Java. I am able to replace the images one at a time, but that is a pain in the butt. Any suggestions would be helpful.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited April 29, 2014
    pgwelch wrote: »
    I am having similar problems. When trying to replace multiple images in a single sales order, JAVA starts, then crashes. I am using the latest version of Chrome and Java. I am able to replace the images one at a time, but that is a pain in the butt. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    You might want to contact the help desk on this one, http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

--- Denise