Options

Display Photo comments in lightboox / collage

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
If using collage landscape format, how do you know if an image has comments?

If you hit the comment icon in the lightbox display the comments show up (including from legacy), which is good.

But how do you know to do that -- there appears to be no visible indication that a comment exists on a photo, and at least at first glance no way to add it to lightbox or collage.

Comments

• Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 7, 2013
    Hi Ferguson,

I am really sorry, but at the moment it is not very obvious to see if a photo has a comment in a lightbox mode.

But I will forward your comment to our developers as feature request.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2013
    Thank you. It's great to get a straightforward answer, and quickly, even if it's not the one I want.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2013
    in your account settings there is an option to receive an e-mail , named Commend Alerts
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2013
    basflt wrote: »
    in your account settings there is an option to receive an e-mail , named Commend Alerts

Yes, I have that, can find them when they are left, but old ones now sort of vanish into space if someone (else) is viewing.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2013
    I too would like my viewer's to have some sort of visual cue that an image has comments. Following this thread.
  • Options
    juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2013
    It will be a nice feature. I'm following this thread.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    Moved to the Feature Request forum and submitted.
  • Options
    trentortrentor Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 2, 2013
    This is badly needed. There might as well be no comment feature, as very few people will click the icon unless they are also Smugmug users.

Is there at least a way to customize the lightbox to display any comments on the bottom of the page? Any good CSS code blocks out there? My searches have been unproductive.
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2014
    I'm curious if anything has happened on this. I have not received any comments at all after switching to the collage design (which I will retain in spite of this fact). I would appreciate some easy way to encourage comments...any ideas are welcome!
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2014
    I'm curious if anything has happened on this. I have not received any comments at all after switching to the collage design (which I will retain in spite of this fact). I would appreciate some easy way to encourage comments...any ideas are welcome!

I've heard nothing, and I mean that in both directions - I almost never get comments now on Smugmug. I have started trying to encourage email comments instead, and I do get a few from that.

I think what killed comments was lack of anonymous comments. It sounds like Smugmug is so terribly afraid someone will post something bad, that they are not going to give an inch in that area. That they are not on Collage I think is a minor point in comparison (but a point).