Options

Uploading Interrupted. Please Retry

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited May 6, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I've recently been starting to notice problems uploading. I often get "Uploading Interrupted. Please retry." My connection to the internet has not been dropping.

Anyone else having any problems?

Comments

• Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2014
    Hi,

I apologize that's happening.

Please write us at the helpdesk and we can run some tests with you to test your actual connection to our servers.

Best Regards,
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2014
    Just commenting to place screen shots to show the Helpdesk.

i-TNLKMJm-L.jpg

i-gK7BXWn-L.jpg
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2014
    The error you posted and the errors in your upload log (account settings > stats > uploads > details), suggest a possible connection error. If you're on WiFi, try connecting with a cable to your router instead.
    Also check that your computer isn't set to go to sleep / standby (while you're not at mouse or keyboard), which could also result in an interruption.

In case the issue persists, please contact the HelpDesk with details so we can continue troubleshooting. When you do so, also include a link to this thread for reference.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2014
    In case the issue persists, please contact the HelpDesk with details so we can continue troubleshooting. When you do so, also include a link to this thread for reference.

I did contact them with this link already. I believe on Friday.
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2014
    Ok, this is getting to be a really big problem. With wedding season starting here it'll be a nightmare to upload large galleries if I'm constantly having to keep dragging dropping files into the uploader.

This is not a problem with my connection. I installed an internet connectivity monitor.

I set one to my site, and one to Google. I then began uploading, and also replacing images. Both failed. New files would look like they were going to complete, green bar becoming solid, only to turn red. Using "replace" on files already on the site get that HTML coded page on occasion.

i-bhjjxMn-L.jpg

At no point did I loose connection to either my site, or Google. I also was working on processing photos on the exact drive I was uploading from, so it did not "go to sleep."

i-wc6rBHf-L.jpg

Help!
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2014
    I literally just got a new error! So not only do I get the HTML page when "Replace" fails, I am now getting this page.

i-WQCQcgB-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2014
    I had the connectivity monitor running most of the day while I was doing other stuff. I just checked the log and there was one brief period where it couldn't connect to my site, but was connecting to Google.

i-jC53tcx-L.jpg