Options

New LR plugin 2.1.2

pgmanpgman Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited May 9, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

The new 2.1.2 is out with the new feature:

• add ability to set Feature Image for Galleries (LR4 and LR5 only)

So, how do that? I have looked under the "Edit Gallery" and I do not see an option for selecting the photo. Same with right-click on an image in the "publishing"

Thanks

Syv
Thanks
http://www.sritch.com
The Dogs of Vancouver, BC

Comments

• Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 30, 2014
    Hi there,

Please be aware that this option works only on galleries that are not empty and that have been already uploaded to your SmugMug account.

Just right click on the gallery that you would like to edit - > EDIT GALLERY - > this window will open:

http://take.ms/2jWcu
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2014
    tomnovy wrote: »
    Hi there,

Please be aware that this option works only on galleries that are not empty and that have been already uploaded to your SmugMug account.

Just right click on the gallery that you would like to edit - > EDIT GALLERY - > this window will open:

Thanks
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2014
    tomnovy wrote: »
    Hi there,

Sorry, try#2

I get to the same screen as you, I have changed stuff in the gallery, there are 23 images in the gallery. How do I select which image of the gallery will be the 'chosen one'?

Thanks

Syv
    Thanks
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2014
    Yeah, was excited to see this, but the photo is dead, clicking on it doesn't do anything.

If this works, it's almost the last thing I need so I don't even have to go to Smugmug with a new gallery (the last thing is to be able to manual adjust the order of galleries in a folder when set to "manual" -- by the way, it would be nice if you can't do that, if you could have the galleries in the lightroom display come out in the same order as Smugmug even if you can't change them).
  • Options
    RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2014
    Yeah it doesn't work for me either, nothing happens when you click on the photo.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 30, 2014
    the way this feature is currently implemented is that it uses images that are on SmugMug. So if you haven't uploaded any images yet, you won't be able to select an image.

Edit-Gallery-and-Lightroom-5-Catalog.lrcat---Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom---Library.png
    Feature-Image-and-Edit-Gallery-and-Lightroom-5-Catalog.lrcat---Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom---Library.png

I may also implement it for catalog images in the future, but it's a bit more complicated as I need to keep track of when that image is finally uploaded.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2014
    Ferguson wrote: »
    Yeah, was excited to see this, but the photo is dead, clicking on it doesn't do anything.

If this works, it's almost the last thing I need so I don't even have to go to Smugmug with a new gallery (the last thing is to be able to manual adjust the order of galleries in a folder when set to "manual" -- by the way, it would be nice if you can't do that, if you could have the galleries in the lightroom display come out in the same order as Smugmug even if you can't change them).

unfortunately, LR always displays galleries/folders in alphabetical order. I could potentially create a dialog to do this, I add it to the list of things to investigate.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2014
    I've started working on a minor update to include photos/videos that are "Not Published". It's more complex as I have a number of error conditions I need to handle...but it's working on a basic level.

Feature-Image-and-Edit-Gallery.png
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2014
    devbobo wrote: »
    the way this feature is currently implemented is that it uses images that are on SmugMug. So if you haven't uploaded any images yet, you won't be able to select an image.

I understand that, but it's not actually working. When I go to a gallery that has been fully uploaded, and has a feature image selected, the edit dialog shows the image selected (correct), but when you click on it, it does nothing.

If I edit a gallery without an image selected, the edit dialog shows the first image in the gallery (also correct I think, maybe), but then if you click on it, nothing happens.

I'm doing this on LR 5.4 on Windows 8.1 x 64 bit if that helps, but it sounds like no one has gotten it to work?

PS. It would be nice to select images not yet published, but that's not a big deal. What I think we are saying is that it isn't working for us the way it does for you.
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2014
    I also see a somewhat different behavior of galleries created with the new version.

In the past, if you did not select a feature image, the first image in the gallery was selected for you (when the gallery was displayed -- not in the on-web organize screen). With the new plugin, it appears that there is no image available for the gallery.

Scenario:

Create gallery in new plugin
    Go to the FOLDER above the gallery
    The image for that gallery is the little icon symbol.

Screen shot of how it appeared attached (the gallery was fully populated and images all processed; I plan to fix this on the web site after posting this message so it may not appear that way if you go to the same site).

I think this is actually a bug, and it should default, not be empty?
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2014

Edit-Gallery-and-Lightroom-5-Catalog.lrcat---Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom---Library.png
    Feature-Image-and-Edit-Gallery-and-Lightroom-5-Catalog.lrcat---Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom---Library.png

I may also implement it for catalog images in the future, but it's a bit more complicated as I need to keep track of when that image is finally uploaded.

W7x64, LR5.4, plugin 2.1.2.

I do not to this point. The gallery that I use already has 24 images.

I get to the 1st screen and it shows one picture in the box. When I click (or double click) on it to select another one I get nothing.

Do we need to republish all the photos to use that feature?

Thanks

Syv
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2014
    pgman wrote: »
    W7x64, LR5.4, plugin 2.1.2.
    Do we need to republish all the photos to use that feature?

No, it looks like this is a specific windows issue...I'll take a closer look today
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2014
    Nothing happens
    I also have photos in my Smugmug gallery, I hit "Edit Gallery" and click on the photo and nothing happens, I do not get the pop up window that shows all the photos in the gallery. I'm using Lightroom 5.4 64 bit on Windows 7
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2014
    Please give this new version a go and let me know how you get on.

This fixes...
    - Windows compatibility issues
    - Allows unpublished images to be set as the feature image (ie. it will only be set as the feature image once uploaded)

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2014

This fixes...
    - Allows unpublished images to be set as the feature image (ie. it will only be set as the feature image once uploaded)

Thanks,

David

Working for me (LR 5.4, Windows 8.1 x 64). I can do both published and unpublished (and checked that on publication they show up correctly).

I also was now unable to reproduce the prior problem where a new gallery created with it, without selecting any image, came up blank on SM's web. Now it shows the first image in the gallery as it did before. Not sure if that was a quirk of something I did before, or you fixed it, but my mention of that bug above now seems moot.

Very well done. This thing saves me a bunch of time.
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2014

This fixes...

Thanks,

David
    Works! LR 5.4 Win7-x64 sp1

Thank you
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2014

This fixes...

Thanks,

David

Worked for me too! Win 7 & LR 5.4
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2014
    thanks guys
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2014
    these fixes just went out as a public release 2.1.3.0
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2014
    David I have installed 2.1.3.0 on a Mac LR5. When I update metadata on an image that has not changed, the plugin is uploading the image as well as the metadata.