Options

Can't add content blocks

GolfnutGolfnut Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited May 22, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I am trying to add a Photo Content Block and I drag the item from the menu and when I move my cursor into the webpage, all I see is the drag cursor and nothing gets "dropped". I tried Text blocks, I tried separators. Nothing works. I also tried to move a photo in the Organize menu by dragging; but it just appears that drag no longer works.

Drag does work with other applications.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Charles

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2014
    Try dragging it to on top of the breadcrumb then slowly down till the wide green box shows.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    Try dragging it to on top of the breadcrumb then slowly down till the wide green box shows.

No, sorry that doesn't work. The odd thing is that when I drag the cursor into the page, nothing but the drag cursor appears. No box, no outline, nothing. It is as if it is not picking up the block.
    Charles
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2014
    Allen,
    It has been a few months since I have made any edits on SmugMug. Has anything changed significantly in that timeframe?
    Thanks,
    Charles
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2014
    Try a different browser, there's been reports of a problem dragging with some browsers.
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    Try a different browser, there's been reports of a problem dragging with some browsers.
    Allen,
    Excellent! It works in Chrome, but not Explorer.
    Thanks,
    Charles
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2014
    Might read this for new stuff. Also feature request forum.
    http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2014
    Today I cannot drag items in a gallery to change the order. For example, I wanted to make the Denver gallery on my homepage to be before the Boulder gallery. www.arrowphotos.com
    When I originally started this thread, iE10 did not work. Now Chrome and Firefox do not work either. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Do you have a different method of changing the order of these galleries in this content block?
    Thanks,
    Charles
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2014
    could be firewall or antivirus
    temporary switch them off to find out
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited May 21, 2014
    Golfnut wrote: »
    Today I cannot drag items in a gallery to change the order....

When I originally started this thread, iE10 did not work. Now Chrome and Firefox do not work either.
    Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

There are quite a few pages on clearing the cache for different browsers if you start here - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/topics/635103-troubleshooting/articles.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2014
    Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

There are quite a few pages on clearing the cache for different browsers if you start here - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/topics/635103-troubleshooting/articles.

--- Denise

Denise, thanks for responding. Yes I have cleared the cache in all the browsers, and still when I drag the gallery images, nothing happens. Is there a different way of changing the order of the galleries in a content block?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited May 21, 2014
    Golfnut wrote: »
    Denise, thanks for responding. Yes I have cleared the cache in all the browsers, and still when I drag the gallery images, nothing happens. Is there a different way of changing the order of the galleries in a content block?
    How did you place the galleries in the content block? If it's a folder then you can change the order in the organizer. If you dragged a galleries content block and selected galleries the only way I am aware of to reorder the galleries is to clear the selection and re-select the galleries in the order in which you want them to show.

There is a feature request for changing the order of galleries in a content block, see ability to change order of galleries in multiple galleries page element.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2014
    How did you place the galleries in the content block? If it's a folder then you can change the order in the organizer. If you dragged a galleries content block and selected galleries the only way I am aware of to reorder the galleries is to clear the selection and re-select the galleries in the order in which you want them to show.

There is a feature request for changing the order of galleries in a content block, see ability to change order of galleries in multiple galleries page element.

--- Denise

I see now. The real problem is that I forgot that the method to change the order of a content block is to delete the one you want at the end and then add it back again. The order is defined when creating the set that is in the block and thereafter, I need to re-order by a delete/add method. I like your idea of using a folder. thumb.gif