Options

Lightroom Plugin Update 2 versions behind

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
edited May 11, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I noticed that the release note page shows two versions (2.1.4.0 and 2.1.4.1) that the plugin manager itself does not see. When mine prompted to update, it went only to 2.1.3.0.

I could and did download manually (just to make sure the one there was 2.1.4.1).

But the auto-update aspect doesn't seem to be working over the last two versions.

PS. What's "Image Sync - Experimental" and should we experiment?

Comments

• Options
    TysaxTysax Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2014
    Hello Ferguson,

This was done intentionally as our developer didn't think the update warranted an auto-update given that a few were pushed recently. If you're not running LR3, this update won't have an effect. Feel free to wait for the next automatic update.

Image sync is a rewrite of the image sync code. If the box is checked and you're able to sync with no issues, leave it checked. If you experience issues with image syncing, uncheck the box to revert to the previous code.

If you have any additional questions, email us at the SmugMug help desk; http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Have a good evening.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 11, 2014
    Linwood,

I intentionally didn't push an auto update for the most recent version, basically because there weren't critical updates and I've pushed out a few update recently.

I've rewritten the image sync logic, but at this point I haven't replace the old logic since I need to do some more thorough testing...but if people want to try, you can enable the experimental image sync :)
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2014
    Got it. Thanks. Whenever I see an update (and it auto-updated notified me for 2.1.3.0) I look at the release notes, that's how I got reviewed.

No big deal. Thanks.