Options

Problem uploading old video files

DazedDazed Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 14, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I have a few old video files from a blackberry phone (circa 2009 :))

I can't seem to get them to upload either from within lightroom or drag and dropping in browser.

They are .3gp files. A 'get info' on the files says they are single channel, MPEG 4 video, AMR narrow band with as res of 240x176.

I've tried handbraking them to m4v but they are still considered unsupported format.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hero AmandaHero Amanda Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2014
    Hi Dazed,

Unfortunately, it looks like these videos are too small to upload to SmugMug. The minimum requirement is 320x240. I apologize for any inconvenience!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thank you,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero
    All The Best,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2014
    I am not sure how this is done but couldn't you re-process your original videos into a larger size format that fits SM's specs?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2014
    Yes, upsizing the video to a higher resolution would be the only option. Our system only accepts videos of 320x240 px or higher. Of course, it wouldn't improve the quality of the already low quality video.
    It looks like not many apps do allow for upsizing, but VidCoder seems to do so. In the video settings, set "anamorphic" to none and check "keep aspect ratio". That way, you only have to enter width 320 or height 240 (if it's a portrait video).
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2014
    If you need help resizing them, you are welcome to give me a shout.