Options

Problems uploading small gif

januszkjanuszk Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited November 11, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I'm trying to upload small gif 1kB, 1024x1 to be used as background for my customization but the uploader is not working for this file. I was trying standard uploader and drag&drop. I select the picture, system uploades it very quickly then shows Processing Image picture and then picture is gone. I was trying this several times with the same effect. 1024x1 jpg is uploading with no problems. I'm using Firefox 1.0.7. Has anyone seen it ? Any known workarounds ?
Thanks,
Janusz

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    I saw this problem the other day - the fix was to just make it a two or three pixel wide gif.

januszk wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm trying to upload small gif 1kB, 1024x1 to be used as background for my customization but the uploader is not working for this file. I was trying standard uploader and drag&drop. I select the picture, system uploades it very quickly then shows Processing Image picture and then picture is gone. I was trying this several times with the same effect. 1024x1 jpg is uploading with no problems. I'm using Firefox 1.0.7. Has anyone seen it ? Any known workarounds ?
    Thanks,
    Janusz
  • Options
    januszkjanuszk Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    I saw this problem the other day - the fix was to just make it a two or three pixel wide gif.
    Worked for 4. Thanks JT.
    Janusz
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't ne_nau.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/