Options

New Title/Captions/Keywords editor

colindivercolindiver Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 14, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I used the legacy mass edit for Captions and Keywords a lot. I have many galleries and daily add to them using Smart Rules. I frequently standardised my Title/Captions and Keywords in a Smart Gallery to improve the quality of my photos listings. The tool gave me the file name for each photo in the gallery, and the existing keywords for each one. I could do mass changes (remove, add) to Captions and Keywords for all photos in the gallery or easily add captions to a few photos based on what I saw in the file name and keywords.
Suddenly this wonderful tool has been removed and replaced by a more primitive facility. I can now only make my changes one photo at a time, a very inefficient and frustrating process. This is a retrograde step and I am very annoyed (that is a polite description of what I feel!). I spent much of my working life in IT (system designer, working with programmers and users to improve their experience). My Smugmug experience has been considerably degraded. I would appreciate if you could make the “legacy” tool available to me and return me to the status of a happy customer. New Smugmug was a great leap forward, please let us move forwards not backwards :)

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2014
    Thank you so much for your feedback. I am passing it on to our team.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2014
    Here's a link to another thread and a Chrome workaround for this problem: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=247227&page=4 . I very much feel the same as you regarding the new editor. Sherlock's workaround is in message 79.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    uketeeceeuketeecee Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2014
    Yes, would love to see a bulk caption edit tool made available to new SmugMug.