OOYCZ 6 - Experiments with Motion

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
edited May 28, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
I haven't had much time to get out with my camera as I was sick for several weeks after getting back from Korea and Japan. But here is what I have at this point. I welcome input.

1. Blowing in the Wind (sandwiching 3 shots)
i-65GDKXw-L.jpg

[Removed #2 and #3]

I did shoot a series of my grand-daughter and will see if I get a chance to process those, but this is a crazy busy time of year for me. Lots of things I would have liked to try if I had more free time.

Comments

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,944 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2014
    Sorry you were sick. That happens to me sometimes too, but I'm sure your trip was worth it.

I really like #1 the best. That's a new idea (for me) and I think it works very well. The bee is so fast that I can't see his wings at all (and maybe that is a fault in my eyes) so I know there are wings moving there - I just can't see them.

The iris just seem out of focus.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited May 26, 2014
    Here is one more, blending a sequence with my grand-daughter with a couple of balls.

i-JqfJ5m3-L.jpg

Grandma, I appreciate your input on these photos. The wings of the bee would probably be more visible if the sun had cooperated but it hid behind clouds both times I set out to get this shot. I have some shots of the iris with more deliberate camera movement, but decided to work on the composite shot of my grand-daughter instead.

Nice to see some entries in the gallery.
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited May 28, 2014
    Variation on the stacked exposures of my grand-daughter with 2 balls:

i-w8QZ2GP-L.jpg

i-KPjnLv4-L.jpg

The azalea bushes in the background seem to dominate the photo unless desaturated a bit or converted to black and white. I think I prefer stacking 3 of the exposures (instead of 4) so there is less overlapping. But stacking exposures like this is a new experience for me.