Options

Flooring question

FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
edited June 2, 2014 in Accessories
Alright, now that @Ziggy hooked me up with the decent wall mounting option for the backdrop, comes the next question.

What about the flooring?
The area i'm turning into a "studio" has carpet.. so, I am figuring I'll need something hard to make sure that the paper isn't indented by person standing on it..
Thoughts? How do you guys typically use the seamless set up? Do you have it running all the way to the front of the subject, or to the ground and have a matching material on the floor?

thanks again!
Arseny - the too honest guy.
My Site
My Facebook

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited May 30, 2014
    Yes, with seamless paper you want a solid floor for both the talent and any equipment. You can get carpet remnants for scene props, if need be.

Do you want flooring that can be visible in the shot? If so, many folks use a plain white, tiled floor, or a plain white roll-vinyl flooring. (White flooring won't "show through" as easily as colored flooring, if you use thinner seamless.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2014
    If you're gonna use paper, just put down some plywood. If you want a shiny white floor, a lot of people use tileboard from Lowes.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2014
    I just roll my seamless white paper out across the floor (not far--just enough to stand on) and put a piece of clear plexiglass down on top of it so the paper doesn't get messed up.

Sherry
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2014
    thank you for the great ideas!
    I am getting a white flooring panels for now.. and LED backlit panels later. Very very helpful, as always! thank you
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook