Options

DEAL: Canon 20D kits, 25% off

luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
edited November 11, 2005 in Flea Market
I am sure this will be moved to the right place. :D

Good Guys is going out of business in California. Everything is on sale from 1GB Ultra II cards to Canon digital SLRs. I will hit the local store tomorrow to see what I can see. Anyone want to give me a shopping list?

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    Darn..
    Another memorable chain is being closed...
    Good Guys (along with Lucky's) were among my first memories when I first came to US in April 1995. Lucky's been gone since around 1999, and now it's Good Guys' turn:cry

Anyway - I sent you an email! And thanks again fro the info!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:

Good Guys is going out of business in California. Everything is on sale from 1GB Ultra II cards to Canon digital SLRs. I will hit the local store tomorrow to see what I can see. Anyone want to give me a shopping list?
    i would be interested in a 1g FC maybe SanDisk? thumb.gif

how much would that run?

thanks.

-daniel-
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    Geez, who knew how much of an effect Gary Buesy would have when he said "the real WMD's are at Good Guys"
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2005
    We used to have a chain called SILO which hardly lasted as well. I wonder how Circuit City manages. Hmmmm. Well GG is supposed to sorta kinda merge with CompUSA. I loved walking around GG, never bought much but they all seemed to have the latest stuff. The prices are not online, rats.
  • Options
    docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    I just checked the price on the 20D kit (18-55mm lens) at the store closing in Reno --> not that great of price, it was ~ $1300 with tax. This is ~ the same price that BH offers for the kit.
    Kevin.
  • Options
    LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D : I'll pay $225 plus shipping... if you can get it for less then keep the change!

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I'm getting desperate for this thing.
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 10, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:

If they really have 20d's for 25% off (~$900), I'll take one. nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    If they really have 20d's for 25% off (~$900), I'll take one. nod.gif
    Ha! I just emailed him pretty much the same line. That would be a good deal, sign me up! deal.gif
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2005
    Hmmm well I am getting no one's e-mails! I an going to GG Friday for sure, today weather was not nice. E-mail me at 911 at confire dot org with your request, max price (include 7.75% tax) and ph# and I will see what I find tomorrow. I don't mind having a shopping list for my buddies! I can also reply right back (blackberry) if need be.
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    I went to the local GG closing a week ago. People were pulling up with trucks loading flatscreen tvs like crazy. Must have seen 20 go out in the 40 minutes I was there.

If I remember right the 20ds were $1500 take off the 25% so $1125 before taxne_nau.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2005
    I was in Zody's as they wwere closing the stores. Shelves were pretty empty, then they got on the PA system and right then and there slashed prices from 50% to 90% off. I loaded up on cassette tapes for ten cents on the dollar.

I do not know if I will be as lucky tomorrow, but I shall see! I will bring my Shutterbug for price comparison.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    At 90% off
    I'll take two 5Ds, please...:D
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    I'm with Nikolai. If they go 90% off I'll take 2-3 5d's as well.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    How much would a 1gb CF card be with 25% off their original price?
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.