Options

Beach Wedding in Destin,Florida

jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
edited June 25, 2014 in People
These were picked as the brides favorites. This was about a 1 hr wedding. I think I prefer doing these over the all day weddings. Less money for sure but much more relaxed and fun. This was the second time working with this officiant and Marie is the one that refereed me to the bride. It's refreshing to work with an officiant who is conscious of the shot I'm trying to get. She will step away for a moment to let me get the shot. So many times I have shots of the officiant in the background during the first kiss. It is appreciated when she steps away.

p588600227-5.jpg

p720371385-5.jpg

p759497458-5.jpg

p1061467608-5.jpg

p550863912-5.jpg

p1070866291-5.jpg

p612627426-5.jpg

p960207678-5.jpg

p630599113-5.jpg

p853033844-5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2014
    These are all wonderful...Love that #4 kiss with the clean background! #1 looks a bit too white, but the rest are gorgeous.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2014
    I think this is one of your best sets!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2014
    #8! #8! #8!!!!

WOW. Fantastic shot.

Wonderful coverage overall. Great work John! thumb.gif
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2014
    Love them all except for the first one. Love the color. On 1 thru 7 did you use any extra lighting?
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2014
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Love them all except for the first one. Love the color. On 1 thru 7 did you use any extra lighting?
    I was going to say the same thing.

For whatever reason her skin is a bit underexposed (at least on this monitor) in the first picture. But I thought "if I were editing it, you'd have to spot raise the exposure on her face otherwise the dress will be blown".

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2014
    Hackbone wrote: »

For 1-7 it was all natural.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2014
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    I was going to say the same thing.

For whatever reason her skin is a bit underexposed (at least on this monitor) in the first picture. But I thought "if I were editing it, you'd have to spot raise the exposure on her face otherwise the dress will be blown".

I'm going to have to plead ignorance on the critiques of 1 by you and others. Maybe I'm used to the beach scene and I'm colorblind but I don't see it. We have white beaches and she wore a white dress and was backlit. It isn't a spectacular shot but it's her first public showing of the dress. To me it's a typical beach shot. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2014
    jonh68 wrote: »
    I'm going to have to plead ignorance on the critiques of 1 by you and others. Maybe I'm used to the beach scene and I'm colorblind but I don't see it. We have white beaches and she wore a white dress and was backlit. It isn't a spectacular shot but it's her first public showing of the dress. To me it's a typical beach shot. ne_nau.gif

Wow...the first shot is one of my favorites-BECAUSE the exposure is dead on-you gave her skin a very pleasing tone and didn't blow the dress out...not easy (at least in my experience). That shot looks great on my cheapie Dell 24" monitor-probably much better on a "real monitor". :D

I've been away for awhile but as I come back into the digital scene it seems like the emphasis on PP has maybe gone a bit too far? ne_nau.gif

Seems like it's not enough to get the exposure right and render the scene "as seen". Everyone of these shots made me feel like my monitor was a window and I was looking out on a very pleasant wedding....

Good stuff-well done...

thumb.gif
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2014
    Mongrel wrote: »
    Wow...the first shot is one of my favorites-BECAUSE the exposure is dead on-you gave her skin a very pleasing tone and didn't blow the dress out...not easy (at least in my experience). That shot looks great on my cheapie Dell 24" monitor-probably much better on a "real monitor". :D

I've been away for awhile but as I come back into the digital scene it seems like the emphasis on PP has maybe gone a bit too far? ne_nau.gif

Seems like it's not enough to get the exposure right and render the scene "as seen". Everyone of these shots made me feel like my monitor was a window and I was looking out on a very pleasant wedding....

Good stuff-well done...

thumb.gif

Thanks! People's skin tones look different at the beach depending on the angle of the sun. Backlit and to the side they appear darker, in direct light skin can appear lighter and overcast it's a mixture. The original file is underexposed about a stop. I adjusted to keep from blowing out the dress, and she had a nice tan look on her skin that I didn't feel needed anymore work. Pretty much how I remembered the scene.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2014
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2014
    zoomer wrote: »
    sweet gig....weddings on the beach...I want some. Looks good.

It is fun! and I noticed I posted in the wrong forum eek7.gif
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2014
    #8 is FAAAN-TASTIC!

I haven't read the other comments but I feel like all the day times shots (whihc are good as well) are about 1/2 to 1/3 stop underexposed. All the whites look bright grey to me.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2014
    Qarik wrote: »
    #8 is FAAAN-TASTIC!

I haven't read the other comments but I feel like all the day times shots (whihc are good as well) are about 1/2 to 1/3 stop underexposed. All the whites look bright grey to me.

The histograms are pushed very far to the right, especially since white is so dominate. If I bring up exposure I lose detail in the dress and shirt but I do see they may be underexposed a bit.
  • Options
    kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2014
    nice capture. I like #8 only.