Xpan w/30mm and Fuji Provia
Thanks for looking,
Dave

http://sailronin.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    Really like the lines and textures of these isolated sections from the Grand Prismatic Hot springs.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    Hi, I agree, the textures really grab the eye. If it were me I would crop out the top (remove the steam and background, although that would remove the location context) and concentrate on the patterns and colours. Makes me think of an alien planet.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2014
    First, the light, subject, and your panning skills are supreme! It hits you, and it is a pleasant experience, but I kept wondering what is off....as RJ noted, it does appear to have been beamed by Mars rover! It is like an abstract and if that was the intention it worked out! To get it out of realm of abstract and into the realm of landscape, if bit more of the sky was used and little bit more zoomed out, then that might have done the trick. Another route is to go further in abstract direction, as suggested above!

Great nonetheless! Cheers!
  • Options
    sailroninsailronin Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2014
    Great comments, thank you all.
    The images are supposed to give a sense of the un-earthly feel to Yellowstone Park. It is an alien landscape but located here on earth.
    I like the suggestion of cropping out the horizon and may give that a try, keep the steam but lose the trees...
    Best regards,
    Dave
    Thanks for looking,
    Dave

http://sailronin.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2014