Options

Sigma 500mm F/4.5 for Nikon

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited June 28, 2014 in Nikon Land
SOLD: Sigma 500mm f/4.5 APO EX DG HSM for Nikon

If you've ever wanted a superb birding (or grizzly bear) lens, this might be ideal for you.
This lens is really and truly "like new." There's not a scuff, scratch, or wear mark anyplace on it. The glass is perfect. I'd give it a B&H "10" or a KEH "LN-" (minus, because I don't have the original box the case came in.) Includes front and rear covers, hood, Sigma 46mm MC normal filter, custom fitted and padded case. The ball head and QR plate shown in the photos are not included.

It focuses quickly, and has a three-position focus limiter switch to further increase focus performance. The nine-bladed aperture produces superb, beautiful bokeh. Image quality is amazing, as you can see from the resolution chart, which was shot with a full frame body. If you're shooting with a crop body, corner resolution would be even better (if that's really possible to see.) BTW, NO sharpening was done to this image. It was shot in NEF, cropped a little, and converted to jpg.

I don't want to list this beauty on eBay. Save yourself a thousand dollars. I'm offering it here for $4000 USD, shipping by UPS ground to US included. Or, I'm in the Washington DC area (NOVA) so come look at it.

Here's a link to the gallery from which the inserted photos were taken. There are more shots in the gallery including some representative images shot with the lens. EXIF intact.

i-KtwNr6c-X2.jpg

2. Resolution chart shot from abt 20 ft
i-Fr4fJgt-X2.jpg

3. 100% crop of upper left corner
i-7nMDkPS-X2.jpg
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2014
    Still available?
    I'm now living in Gainesville. Is this still available?

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2014
    SOLD: Moderator, please note.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.