Options

How to display photo date/time?

photographsphotographs Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited June 29, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I need to take pictures of some plants and post them on smugmug everyday. Is there a way to make the exif date/time visible so the viewer can tell which photo is taken when at a glance?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2014
    I paste the date and time into the caption. I know of no other way, maybe someone else has an idea.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2014
    Hi Photographs,

There sure is! As long as the information is included in your EXIF data, your Gallery Settings will allow you to show your Camera Information. That's located in your Gallery Settings, under Appearance. Just turn it on.

There's more about your gallery settings right here: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1227357

Hope that helps!
    Lindy
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2014
    Lindy wrote: »
    Hi Photographs,

There sure is! As long as the information is included in your EXIF data, your Gallery Settings will allow you to show your Camera Information. That's located in your Gallery Settings, under Appearance. Just turn it on.

There's more about your gallery settings right here: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1227357

Hope that helps!
    Lindy
    Support Hero
    I don't see this helpful, they would have to click photo detail on every photo.
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I don't see this helpful, they would have to click photo detail on every photo.

The photo info 'box' is persistent. Once you open it up, it can be moved anywhere on the gallery page and will display the information of the next selected image.

You have any other ideas Allen? If so, I'm sure the OP would be happy to hear them.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2014
    I add/edit one caption at a time so I can copy from the persistent detail box date right into the caption as I
    add/edit them. All my captions are different so this works.

If the date was part of the file name I used bulk edit caption/keyword in legacy to copy the date from the
    thumbnail file name directly across to the caption. This should still work in the Chrome hack.

If each new gallery is same date taken, in the new caption edit you could probably bulk add the date on all. But this
    is assuming all photos have the same date/caption. Or add bulk date first then edit individual captions.

If adding new photos to existing gallery, in the new caption edit select all the new photos and bulk add the date.
  • Options
    photographsphotographs Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 28, 2014
    I found one answer: faststone image viewer/resizer has an advanced option to add text/variable to the photo. One of the variable that can be added is each photo's exif date and time.
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,832 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2014
    If you use Lightroom combined with Jeffrey Friedl's SmugMug plug-in you can make a custom caption and include any EXIF field or combination thereof that you want on publish. I use a combination of photo caption and location as my SM caption. Never once have had to use SmugMug photo editor.

Cheers, Sara