Options

Edit photo geo coordinates

rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited June 29, 2014 in Bug Reporting
Perhaps not a bug, but with the new photo editor > Location Data, there seems to be no way to enter a coordinate directly. It seems that the only options are to enter an address or drop a pin. With the older editor we could enter the coordinates directly. Entering decimal format was a pain but at least it could be done.

Has anyone found a way to enter coordinates directly with the new interface.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2014
    Perhaps not a bug, but with the new photo editor > Location Data, there seems to be no way to enter a coordinate directly. It seems that the only options are to enter an address or drop a pin. With the older editor we could enter the coordinates directly. Entering decimal format was a pain but at least it could be done.

Has anyone found a way to enter coordinates directly with the new interface.

Thanks
    I just added this in and the pin showed in the correct position on the map.
    38.6086,-90.2664
    Looks like adding the coordinates directly worked.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2014
    What's really nice is you can move/drag the pin once it's in to a new location.

Edit: BTW, I copy all my coordinates directly from GoogleMaps to paste in.
    I paste coordinates in address at top and hit on my keyboard. Perhaps the mag glass doesn't work.
    Edit: search glass does work
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 29, 2014
    That is correct. If you enter the coords it will map.

Critters-Portfolio---docwalker.png
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I just added this in and the pin showed in the correct position on the map.
    38.6086,-90.2664
    Looks like adding the coordinates directly worked.
    Allan

Thanks for this. I was adding the N and W in front of the coordinates. I'll leave out the direction indicators and only use numbers. I also cut and paste the coordinates directly from google earth. I've got the google earth set up to display decimal coordinates. I use SilkyPix for RAW conversion and it converts the decimal to degrees but the map location uploads properly into Smugmug. I was only having a problem in adding coordinates to existing photos in Smugmug. I'm adding more coordinates now that the limit is 1,000 pins.
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2014
    docwalker wrote: »

Doc it may be helpful to others if the input screen or the help pages gave some guidance on the format. I checked the help pages and there was nothing there. In the older editor, the decimal format was shown as the format to enter coordinates.
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2014
    docwalker wrote: »

Doc, there is a small problem that I've discovered. When you type in the coordinates and select the search, the pin is dropped near the location but not at the location. If you hover over the pin, you'll see that the displayed coordinates of the pin are not the same as the ones typed in. I used your coordinates and some of mine. The behaviour was always the same. The pin is not dropped at the coordinate location.

mPGwG4Ecf4cbIGQZ50vlyINb8U5-ZIBYEqSY8vIx0-A?feat=directlink
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2014
    As long as it is close enough you can drag it to new location. I tweak the location of mine all the time.
    Especially after switching to aerial view.