Options

Heceta Head Lighthouse at dusk

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited July 7, 2014 in Landscapes
Camped at Cape Perpetua last weekend in hopes for some great photo's... rained all weekend and I had to deal with a crack in my radiator.... needless to say, photo's weren't plentiful or the first thing on my mind... I did come away with this though... I plan to go back later this summer in hopes of getting something better. This was taken during a lull in the rains just after the sun had set....
Night%20Light-X2.jpg
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2014
    Like it! The clouds add a certain mystery to the shot.
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2014
    I have mixed emotions about this one. Overall, I like the moody tone to the shot. In my opinion, though, the brightly lit home works against that theme. Also, because it is so dominant, the home draws too much attention and helps create a scene too unbalanced to the right. I'd clone out the home. I think it's too contradictory to the mood you were after.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2014
    I really like this one, it's not the usual bright sunny image one sees of this area. The dark moody clouds and slight fog create some tension and suspense while the warm lights of the house lead us to a place of shelter and comfort.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2014
    Thanks Roaddog... I am planning on getting down sometime during the late summer and hope to get a Sunrise shot at this location.... If it's cloudless above me, the rising eastern sun will light up the fog bank out on the ocean in great colors with a touch of light on the house.... we'll have to see what I can get when I get a chance to make that quick 3.5 hour drive from PDX....
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2014