internal error

98slowbra98slowbra Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited July 7, 2014 in Dgrin Forum Support
When I try to post pics from my smugmug account and submit new thread I get a internal server error message, I take it this forum does not support your smugmug site from the links of your pics.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited July 7, 2014
    98slowbra wrote: »
    When I try to post pics from my smugmug account and submit new thread I get a internal server error message, I take it this forum does not support your smugmug site from the links of your pics.
    You can absolutely post photos from your smugmug site. What link did you use? You'll want to pull the link to your photo from the Photo Links tab of Share... Get a link... from your smug site.

See How to Embed an Image in Your Post.

--- Denise
  • 98slowbra98slowbra Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2014
    I used that exact instructions you listed, 1st time I got a 505 error, 2nd time I get a internal error on website.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2014
    98slowbra wrote: »
    I used that exact instructions you listed, 1st time I got a 505 error, 2nd time I get a internal error on website.
    The gallery the photo is in, is embeddable/external links turned on?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited July 7, 2014
    Yes it is, the only thing I did different is go from Large to Xlarge on the 3rd time and now it works fine, so I take it you have to use Xlarge on all the pics? I got it to post with Xlarge but I tried Med and Large before and got errors each time. Thanks for the help
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited July 7, 2014
    Not limited to XL. Pics should embed in any size you choose.

small
    DW5D0485_1-S.jpg

medium
    DW5D0485_1-M.jpg

large
    DW5D0485_1-L.jpg

xlarge
    DW5D0485_1-XL.jpg

x2large
    DW5D0485_1-X2.jpg

x3large
    DW5D0485_1-X3.jpg

I left out the small and medium thumbs and the original sizes. There are also custom sizes available that you can choose pixel dimensions for.

Here is the SM help page for displaying photo sizes in the lightbox viewer (where you can cut and paste the photo URL to display). http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/84540?

When you do that, make sure you include image tags before and after the URL, such as this…
    [noparse]DW5D0485_1-S.jpg[/noparse]
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited July 7, 2014
    Seems to be working fine now, I followed your instructions to the T the 1st 2 times, but all is great it seems to be working great now. Thanks again for the help.