Options

Customize your right-click protection message

BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
edited August 21, 2014 in SmugMug Product News
This got hard with New SmugMug because you had to use CSS, so we've added back the ability to do it via your account settings:

i-GwTkN3D-600x521.png

More details on our blog:

http://news.smugmug.com/2014/08/12/new-customize-your-right-click-protection-message/

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Baldy

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,453 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2014
    Great, but how do we TURN OFF that in Galleries/Folders? I don't want to use the RC at all.
  • Options
    JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2014
    You can turn off Right Click protection in your gallery settings menu. To do this, go to ORGANIZE > CLICK ON THE GALLERY YOU WISH TO TURN OFF RIGHT CLICK PROTECTION > CLICK SETTINGS > SECURITY & PROTECTION > RIGHT CLICK PROTECTED > OFF

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1230107
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2014
    JohnHero wrote: »
    You can turn off Right Click protection in your gallery settings menu. To do this, go to ORGANIZE > CLICK ON THE GALLERY YOU WISH TO TURN OFF RIGHT CLICK PROTECTION > CLICK SETTINGS > SECURITY & PROTECTION > RIGHT CLICK PROTECTED > OFF

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1230107

How about 'Folders'? ne_nau.gif

• Options
    edited August 12, 2014
    As Sheaf pointed out in this thread, there is not a way to turn this off at the folder level. It can only be done at the gallery level currently.
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2014
    JohnHero wrote: »
    As Sheaf pointed out in this thread, there is not a way to turn this off at the folder level. It can only be done at the gallery level currently.

That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. headscratch.gif

• Options
    edited August 12, 2014
    You are very welcome :D If you need anything else, please let us know.
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited August 12, 2014
    How about 'Folders'? ne_nau.gif

Mike, at first I was curious why you would want to turn off right-click protection at the folder level. A folder is just a list of galleries or other folders (which is, in turn, just a list of galleries). There are 2 reasons why you'd ask:
    1) The folder thumbnail has a RC message
    2) You want all the galleries in a folder to be set all at once

For #1) Disabling RC on the gallery will disable the RC on the folder thumbnail.
    For #2) You can use the organizer to select all the galleries in a folder, then click "Settings" and turn off RC protection on all the galleries in a folder, all at once. No need to do it to each individual folder.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2014
    leftquark wrote: »
    Mike, at first I was curious why you would want to turn off right-click protection at the folder level. A folder is just a list of galleries or other folders (which is, in turn, just a list of galleries). There are 2 reasons why you'd ask:
    1) The folder thumbnail has a RC message
    2) You want all the galleries in a folder to be set all at once

For #1) Disabling RC on the gallery will disable the RC on the folder thumbnail.
    For #2) You can use the organizer to select all the galleries in a folder, then click "Settings" and turn off RC protection on all the galleries in a folder, all at once. No need to do it to each individual folder.

It really isn't a big deal the more I looked at it. The folder I was talking about is not a collection of Galleries. They are 'Pages', so I just don't like seeing the RC message. The other folders I use are for my family stuff (Galleries) and those are set to 'Private'....for now.

• Options
    kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2014
    How can I turn right click protection off when I am logged on? It seems silly that it is enforced for me when I am the owner of the photos. Surely it makes more sense for that not to be the case when logged on? Is it possible to make that a parameter too? Or just turn it off by default when the owner of the site is logged on...?

I link to my photos from other sites frequently, and not being able to determine the image URL with the right click is very inconvenient.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2014
    There is no way to disable it when you're logged in. If you want to get a link to your images, click the share icon>get a link. Then you can choose your display size and leave right click protection on in your galleries.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2014
    We used to be able to do it with CSS in the old Smugmug, which was great.

Is there any way to do that now?

Thanks for the info about using the Share button. I will give it a go.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2014
    kimbomac wrote: »
    We used to be able to do it with CSS in the old Smugmug, which was great.

Is there any way to do that now?

Thanks for the info about using the Share button. I will give it a go.
    That method was done using javascript so not possible with NewSmug.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog