Default "Buy Photo" screen to Downloads?

pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
edited August 31, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there any way to make the shopping cart default to Downloads instead of Prints when it opens?

I still want prints to be an option, I just want Downloads to be the default tab when the Buy Photo screen is shown.

Experience tells me my customers don't notice the Downloads tab as what is presented to them is a bunch of print options and that is what they focus on.

Here's an order today where both the customer and I would have benefited from digital download vs. prints:

two 5x7s @ 9.99/ea (Bay Photo) + $4.99 S/H + $1.20 tax = $26.17; my profit = $13.92
-vs-
two Low-Res downloads @ 9.99/ea + $0.50 processing fee + $1.02 tax = $21.50 plus a couple of bucks to print two 5x7s locally and still have the digital file for other uses ; my profit = $16.97

Comments

• bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2014
    There's no way to change the default tab that loads when the Buy button is clicked. The only way you could change the load order, is with JavaScript - which we do not allow.

You may consider creating a heading at the top of your Galleries, notifying clients that Downloads are available. You could do this by going to Customize > Customize Site > All Galleries, and add the message to all of your Galleries.