Options

ISO older smartphone (android or iPhone)

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited September 4, 2014 in The Kitchen Sink
Anybody looking to clear an old ATT phone off the shelf? My lovely teen dropped her HTC phone and shattered it - she's on the search for something (cheap) to replace it. Any functional, (relatively) recent smartphone - Android or iPhone - is fine as long as it works and is inexpensive.

PM with details, and thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2014
    Any particular service (AT&T, Sprint, etc)?
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2014
    Oops - sorry - yes ATT!!!
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2014
    Not from me personally but check their Gophone offerings. Also, specials labeled as GoPhone pop up at Walgreens, CVS, etc. I am using an Avail 2 also known as the ZTE 992 that I bought for around $60, I think it was at Family Dollar several months ago (probably longer ago than it seems like). Mine is activated on an AT&T MVNO - PureTalk USA even though it was packaged/sold as a GOPhone. I just activated using a PureTalk SIM ignoring the one in the package. Here is what a section of AT&T's site has about it: http://www.att.com/devicehowto/index.jsp?make=ATT&model=Avail2%28Z992%29#fbid=cTQSZNTgOqV

Of course, this is not the only lower end model that shows up this way but just an example.
  • Options
    codyjbennettcodyjbennett Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2014
    I really expected a deluge of offers... I happen to be traveling at the moment but I'm pretty sure I have an iPhone 4 (or 4s) back at the house that you're welcome to make an offer on. I should be back on Monday.