Options

And They Were Going to Leave...

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited September 3, 2014 in Weddings
So I photographed a wedding this past weekend at the church Frank Lloyd Wright designed and attended. I'd never been there before, so image my excitement when I first saw the place. It was a perfect place to play.

i-rrT7cf8-L.jpg

i-23t8GHt-L.jpg

i-CgMsHHb-L.jpg

As we worked our way through the family portraits after the ceremony, the family was released in bunches to go to the reception. With only 20 minutes before the bride and groom were scheduled to be there they said we'd have to stop. They had let everyone else go, and now it was supposed to be the bridal partys' portrait session, but they wanted to leave so as not to be late.

I'd watched the sunlight change as I worked through the family portraits. Not only was the interior a wonder to work in, there was a small patch of restored prairie out back. There were various flowers, but in particular I'd spotted some Prairie Sunflowers. I knew were a trail curved just above them, the sun angled above, and through oak trees. When they said it was time to go I did something that surprised me. I gently insisted I at least get a chance to work in one last portrait.

i-7FDfLCR-L.jpg

No filters, very little adjustment in RAW. I always strive to do as little as possible with the images I take. While not every photo is perfect, in fact this one has a few that drive me bonkers. Sometimes it feels just so good be in the right place at the right time.

Sorry for the long post. I'm still buoyant over the two weddings I shot this past weekend...

i-W8rvdzP-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2014
    HI Ron,

I had a look at your website, and have two comments.

first to be blunt, i don't think your logo and font represent your photography well.

Second, nice images!!

Sam
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2014
    Sam wrote: »
    Hfirst to be blunt, i don't think your logo and font represent your photography well.

Sam
    That's like telling me you don't like my haircut... Laughing.gif

It works for me, and I'm booking clients so I guess I'll roll with it for now.