Wedding Photos In The Bookstore of Hai and Thuy

BeautyS89BeautyS89 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 7, 2014 in Weddings
Hi all,

These photos are in my newest album for my client. I've taken them 5 days ago in my Studio. What do you guys think about these photos? Any advice will be appreciate. As you know, your advice will make my work better.

Please take a look at Hai and Thuy's wedding photo album:

anh_cuoi_113.jpg

anh_cuoi_123.jpg

anh_cuoi_101.jpg

anh_cuoi_15.jpg

All the photos are in Asian style so it can be a strange thing for you.

Album Information:
Bride: Ngoc Thuy
Groom: Thanh Hai
Studio: XINH STUDIO at http://anhcuoixinh.vn/chup-anh-cuoi-gia-re/

Comments

• trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2014
    I'm Asian, so I 'get' the style...I've seen much more "Asian" than these :)

Personally, the photos are too busy for me, particularly the first three. The second photo is too 'flashy' for me...the groom looks ghostly pale white.
  • BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2014
    I agree that they're a bit busy for my taste and #3 is also a bit blown out (the bride's face and her dress). But more importantly, the photos bring a smile to my face, and you clearly have the ability to coax your brides and grooms into fun and attractive poses while keeping them relaxed and natural looking.
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2014
    I LOVE that last one!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2014
    I'm not Asian, but I love these photos. Maybe I have some Asian ancestry of which I am unaware. :D

But I agree with troopers about #2 - it seems overexposed, like the flash was too hot. The background looks good, so maybe you metered for the background and overexposed the bride and groom. Their skin is very white and all of the details in the dress are blown out. The dark tux has plenty of detail, though it's a little too light. On the plus side, it's a great pose and the groom is holding his camera correctly.

I like this style. My favorite of the series is #1, because I like candid shots, and that one looks perfectly candid. I suppose you posed them for #1, but they do not look posed, they look completely natural.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2014
    As a photographer working for the Lin & Jirsa team, I totally understand the "style" of the photos you're going for, and I love it! I'm actually surprised you didn't get even more dramatic with your images, these are pleasant and balanced overall, a great set. A few technical bits here and there, as others mentioned, but hey as a collection it does come together nicely!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • imagecoloristimagecolorist Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2014
    From my view, all are good but last one is best mwink.gif