Options

Ideas to create a large amount of galleries?

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited September 11, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I need to create about 65 galleries under each of 4 folders for my Player # smart galleries to be setup. In the past I used StarExplorer but since I am on the New Smugmug I cannot use it.. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2014
    Hi David,

There may be other options here,
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/84267

If you have a Quick Setting to use for your preferred settings, it's a pretty quick creation to make a gallery. When you're in the folder, click Create > Gallery, then in the settings that come up give the gallery a name, choose the quick setting and apply, then click Create. You can then click Upload > New gallery, to create another gallery, or click the Folder in the breadcrumb and Create > Gallery again.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2014
    Wendee wrote: »
    Hi David,

If you have a Quick Setting to use for your preferred settings, it's a pretty quick creation to make a gallery. When you're in the folder, click Create > Gallery, then in the settings that come up give the gallery a name, choose the quick setting and apply, then click Create. You can then click Upload > New gallery, to create another gallery, or click the Folder in the breadcrumb and Create > Gallery again.

Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero

Thanks I will give that a shot..
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2014
    Wendee wrote: »
    Hi David,

Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero

That worked great wish there was a way to make my quick setting the default setting for my site.. Not SM Default..
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2014
    That worked great wish there was a way to make my quick setting the default setting for my site.. Not SM Default..
    It's not possible to replace the default setting with one of your own. Sorry.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2014
    It's not possible to replace the default setting with one of your own. Sorry.

It should be changed especially for folks that shoot events like I do.. Thanks
  • Options
    shahkwaveshahkwave Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2014
    It should be changed especially for folks that shoot events like I do.. Thanks

Yes, SM, please help us event photographers find a way to quickly upload our folder structure and automatically create galleries. I'm working on an event now that has 500 folders, and am thankful to have StarExplorer. This is the main reason I haven't upgraded yet, as I don't want to recreate the folders and enter 500 names again.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2014
    shahkwave wrote: »
    Yes, SM, please help us event photographers find a way to quickly upload our folder structure and automatically create galleries. I'm working on an event now that has 500 folders, and am thankful to have StarExplorer. This is the main reason I haven't upgraded yet, as I don't want to recreate the folders and enter 500 names again.
    Your existing categories, subcategories and galleries are actually automatically carried over to the New SmugMug folder / gallery structure. There's no need to recreate your structure from scratch.
    In fact, with the New SmugMug, you get the awesome Organizer that allows you to easily drag and drop content to arrange or move it. That means you get a much more powerful way to make changes to your existing structure.
    Also, the New SmugMug come with a Preview feature that allows you as the owner to switch between Old and New SmugMug. Visitors will still see your Old SmugMug until you choose to retire that by publishing your New SmugMug. For details on using Old and New SmugMug side by side in the Preview mode, check out this page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2014
    Your existing categories, subcategories and galleries are actually automatically carried over to the New SmugMug folder / gallery structure. There's no need to recreate your structure from scratch.
    In fact, with the New SmugMug, you get the awesome Organizer that allows you to easily drag and drop content to arrange or move it. That means you get a much more powerful way to make changes to your existing structure.
    Also, the New SmugMug come with a Preview feature that allows you as the owner to switch between Old and New SmugMug. Visitors will still see your Old SmugMug until you choose to retire that by publishing your New SmugMug. For details on using Old and New SmugMug side by side in the Preview mode, check out this page.

You missed the point of the post above, actually the organizer makes it harder to create multiple galleries quickly until Star Explorer is fixed for 2.0. The short cut to create galleries quickly is within the normal/Gallery/Folder screen and it not available to be used in Organizer.. Honestly SM has passed on Event photographers, that is not where their future lies.. I can't see by any of the recent additions that we are a priority or ever will be.