I Don't Do Weddings...

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited September 14, 2014 in Weddings
But, a 50th wedding anniversary of people I know and love...

I'll take some candids.

I took about 40 shots during this reception. These three stood out to me. Wouldn't mind the opinion of you pro wedding shooters.

On camera speedlight flash with my "home-made" modifier.

Thanks.

15040160356_2797b31f0b_o.jpg[/url]
15040159786_81eaedae50_o.jpg[/url]
15063155555_775ffe4b36_o.jpg[/url]

Comments

• trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2014
    Great moments...photos look flat; perhaps convert to b/w with more contrast.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2014
    Bryce, Photo #1 is just awesome. I'm counting down the seconds before someone comments about how desperately it needs to receive some noise reduction, but honestly? It fits. The image is timeless, and the grain / noise simply adds to it. The colors are also a bit neutral, but again, don't feel too compelled to "go to town on them" with any sort of excessive processing. (Although B&W versions might look beautiful too!)

Obviously these are simple candid snaps, and I bet a veteran pro with extremely high standards would dismiss them as just that. But to me, as a wedding photographer myself, what I see are beautifully timed, REAL moments that you've captured quite elegantly. Bravo, the people in these pictures, and future generations to come, will cherish the photos.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited September 3, 2014
    My only comment is the first seems a bit over-flashed. But the moment? Awesome! Very nicely done.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • imagecoloristimagecolorist Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2014
    Memorable moments... awesome feeling and enjoyable day :D
  • lightcatcher2014lightcatcher2014 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2014
    These are good wedding images. It supports the fact that not every wedding portrait needs to be glamorous, posed photo of young and nice looking couples. The moments are important for wedding photography and capturing the emotions during the wedding ceremony and reception is what makes the clients to like the pictures. You did well on these.

I like how each wedding picture has a story to tell and are not just some posed, cliche images as we see lots of them lately. Wedding is an exciting day for many and should be captured and presented as such. Good job.
    --
    Trifon Anguelov
    Portrait and Wedding Photographer, Mountain View, CA

http://www.weddingphotographyblogger.com
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2014
    Thanks for the comments folks!

I think I'll stick to what I'm comfortable with. Besides, I like Saturday nights off! :D