Tempe AZ Tri

PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited September 23, 2014 in Sports
Got up early today and thought I would go shoot some triathlon. Got there and it was packed and having no press pass I just milled around with the spectators and family to find good shots. Just as I was in position I realized it was a national race for para-athletes, including many veterans that had lost limbs in combat. Needless to say it was inspirational.

Pic 1 Blind athlete with Guide transitioning to bike portion
092114%20Tempe%20Tri-1-X2.jpg

Numerous athletes with prosthetic limbs. Amazing how technology has improved
092114%20Tempe%20Tri-6-XL.jpg

092114%20Tempe%20Tri-48-X2.jpg

#4 Blind runner with guide. Incredible partnership must develop between these two.
092114%20Tempe%20Tri-36-X2.jpg

Great way to start out the day.

Thanks,

Comments

• M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2014
    I have a good friend that is a guide at the IRONMAN distance level and shorter-courses too. And being affiliated with TeamRWB, I have a much greater appreciation for what these athletes and guides go thru.

You've dong a nice job with the series. I especially like 3 and 4.

By chance were you able to get any shots of the swim, or follow one athlete from start to finish?
  • AMPathleteAMPathlete Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 23, 2014
    Nice Shots
    Nice Pictures I'm Thomas "LEE" the amputee in the pictures... Army Veteran injured on 22MAY2007, this is my second year in triathlon and this race is my first since suffering a heat stroke in Dallas PATCO race on June 1st of this year.
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    M38A1---got there as they were getting out of the water so only a couple broad shots of swimmers heads. I'll post a couple more tonight. I hung around the park as they came and went on each different activity.

AMPathlete---So glad you looked and commented, and thank you for your service and sacrifices. It was inspiring to see all these athletes competing at such a high level. Good luck in future races. thumb.gif
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    One more pic
    And a swimming shot under the bridge in Tempe.

092114%20Tempe%20Tri-35-XL.jpg
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    Wow, you had a BEAUTIFUL day to shoot.

My friend was in fact at that race leading the #2 female PT5 finisher. Your pics make me smile.