Options

Search is not my friend

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited November 14, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
Not here, and more to the point not with my keywords and google.

Okay, what I mean is, I am having trouble keywording my photos such that they turn up in google searches. Interestingly, dgrin posts turn up on the first page alot, but not my photos.

For example, I was hoping that
'edmonton soccer photography' and/or 'edmonton sports photography' would turn up my photos with those keywords.

that
'edmonton high level bridge' would turn up my photographs

that
'sony dsc f828 for sale' would turn up my photographs.

what should I do differently.

(and, what should I have searched dgrin for to find this info!!!)

Help me, I am search impared

ann

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    start here and also look for Mike Lane's posts in the sticky "Pro Tips" thread in this forum.

I moved ya to MYOB.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Thanks, andy. I have read these posts, but I must be doing something wrong wrt the keywording that I am doing, or I am misunderstanding how keywords should work.

ann

andy wrote:
    start here and also look for Mike Lane's posts in the sticky "Pro Tips" thread in this forum.

I moved ya to MYOB.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Be sure that you weren't on the wrong list at google - follow that link I gave you, there's a post in there that explains how to "be added"

Follow Mike's advice - blog, etc - helps with your ranking

Finally - keywords on smugmug help and remember that keywords won't work on private or password protected albums.
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    I just loaded stat counter, and I have to say in one day of having it, I'm pleased with smugmug with google.

Someone actually did a search for large wading birds and my gallery for those birds showed up in the top five and they visited it. Other searches for Mill Creek Park and Quaker Parrot also led to my galleries and both were in the top 5 on the first page. Very nice.thumb.gif