Options

Fence post- And how long would it take to photograph everyone of them in Wyoming?

catcher33catcher33 Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited October 4, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Hi kinda new to this group and photography as well but-- i was driving back from Denver Co the other day pulled off to the side of the road to stretch my legs and take a picture or two. I dont have access to most of my pictures with the computer i'm using but i did have this one to share. I haven't done any PP on it, its as i took it. i welcome any comments anyone has. Looking at some of the other photos on this site, I fear this pales in comparison.

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2014
    Welcome to the forum. Aside from PP considerations, my concern with this shot is a compositional issue. The lines formed by the barbed wire and the fence below it all lead the eye right out of the picture. Assuming the fence post is indeed your subject, I would chose another perspective to shoot from....keeping in mind that the strong presence of those lines has to be dealt with.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2014
    Welcome to the forum. Aside from PP considerations, my concern with this shot is a compositional issue. The lines formed by the barbed wire and the fence below it all lead the eye right out of the picture. Assuming the fence post is indeed your subject, I would chose another perspective to shoot from....keeping in mind that the strong presence of those lines has to be dealt with.

Tom

I think it has a nice quality to it, I like the shallow depth of field. I think that part of Tom's issues could be solved by shooting this in landscape instead of portrait orientation. That would help provide a sense of distance with the barbed wire prolonging for ever. Welcome!
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2014
    there was this one
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2014
    and this one but i think in resizing them it loses something. I suppose having a smugmug acct makes it easier but flickr is free
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2014
    catcher33 wrote: »
    there was this one

I like it a lot better in terms of perspective. I would prefer the focus on the first post.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2014
    Thanks. I've seen this whole section trapping tumble weeds for miles - I will attempt to photo that .. it is quit impressive--- this spot is about 115 miles south of Casper on I-25 ,-- there's a little pull off and a night with no moon and almost nothing else around except for that ranch and one on the other side of the street the stars are Amazing. However , it does get VERY windy!
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2014
    I was noticing how many of those U shaped nails are used per post multiply by the # of posts in the west = Damn!