Options

Pathfinder is selling long glass even more cheaply......

pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
edited October 10, 2014 in House of Canon
I have several Canon lenses I am going to part with, because they are redundant, and no longer needed.

Rest assured, I am staying in the Canon fold, but these following lenses I am making available to new owners because I no longer need them. I am the original owner of all these lenses, and although the lens hoods show some wear, the lens barrels and optics are all first rate. They have been lightly used, and I can probably find images shot with them if that makes folks feel better
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
EOS 70-200 IS L V1 complete with lens hood, lens cap, mount cover, tripod foot UR1105 series $1200

I own the v2 of this lens, and an f4 IS L version also, so it is now redundant , but still a superb lens that I used lightly

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EOS 100-400 IS L complete with lens hood, lens cap, mount cover, tripod foot UR1107 series $1100

I own the Sigma 120-300 f2.8 OS version, so I no longer need this lens as well, but it is in excellent working order.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tamron 200-500mm f 5-6.3 Non IS This lens comes with lens cap, lens mount cover, lens hood, and tripod foot. I have shot a lot of airplanes and birds with this lens, and it is sharp with almost no chromatic aberration and none after lens corrections in Lightroom. Since it is non-IS, it does require good long lens technique, but will reward you with good images if used properly I am asking $450.00

I now own the new Tamron 150-600 VR lens, so my beloved 200-500 is also truly redundant. "This lens is sold!!""This lens is sold!!"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EOS 70-300 IS DO f4.5-5.6 Lens is in good shape with only a bit of wear on the lens hood, and comes with lens cap and mount cover. There is no tripod foot for this lens. It is the smallest and lightest 70-300 IS lens in Canon's line. I will take $400 for it. This lens has been sold.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sigma 120-300 fixed f2.8 non IS Canon EOS mount Sharp, heavy lens. Will require good long lens technique, but if you don't need/want IS, it is an inexpensive way to get a fast f2.8 300mm lens. I include the lens cap, mount cap, and tripod foot and case. I will sell it for $1200 also. This lens is SOLD!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will answer any questions about this gear, or find images on smugmug shot with these lenses if asked. PM me here on dgrin to contact me, and i will try to respond promptly

I prefer to receive payment via Paypal ( at jamesp7048@yahoo.com) or cash, and will ship the lenses after payment is received. I will pay for shipping for my stated prices.

I have been here on dgrin for over ten years, so most folks will know that my gear is well cared for...I just want to see them go to good homes where they will be used and appreciated. I know these lenses still have a lot of life left in them.
Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Comments

• Options
    CaliswainCaliswain Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2014
    pm sent on the 70-300mm DO
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2014
    PM sent, awaiting reply.

Image of the 70-300 DO can be seen here along with frames shot through it, as well - http://pathfinder.smugmug.com/Other/70-300-DO-lens-images-and/41373936_jT74Pg#!i=3290773760&k=2K2p3MZ

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2014
    I have known Pathfinder for over 8 years, he's been with us on more workshops than anybody - you can trust him for a good transaction - completely. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2014
    Thanks Andy. Pics of the EOS 70-300 IS DO can be seen here s well as images shot with it - http://pathfinder.smugmug.com/gallery/41373936_jT74Pg/3290778099_sJGJMkB#!i=3290773760&k=2K2p3MZ

• Options
    CaliswainCaliswain Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2014
    Payment sent on the 70-300 do. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2014
    The 70-300 DO IS is sold, and in UPS hands!

• Options
    edited June 11, 2014
    What no takers for the long stuff?? The 70-300 DO is sold, so to celebrate I will try to help folks a bit more.

I will cut my Tamron 200-500mm Canon mount to $400 even, and I will still pay the shipping

The Sigma 120->300mm f2.8 Canon mount non- IS lens, I will cut to $1000, this week only.....

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2014
    That dang 100-400 is soooo tempting. :D

Sam
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2014
    Sam wrote: »
    That dang 100-400 is soooo tempting. :D

Sam
    I love mine! That Tamron is tempting...since I moved to FF, the 100-400 is a little short for some of the aircraft stuff I do.
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2014
    I used the Tamron for a number of airplane images in this gallery. http://pathfinder.smugmug.com/Airplanes/Indianapolis-Air-Show-Mt/12547630_qskZgK.
    I am traveling currently, so I may not answer as quickly as I usually do, because I am on a two week road trip.

TheSigma 120-300 will work very nice on a full frame body too

• Options
    edited June 23, 2014
    Sam, did you receive my PM?

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2014
    moose135 wrote: »
    I love mine! That Tamron is tempting...since I moved to FF, the 100-400 is a little short for some of the aircraft stuff I do.

Moose, I think I recall you mentioned getting a 5D3 as your FF.
    I love mine too and I have had very good results using the 5D3, with the current firmware that enables AF at f8,
    along with the 100-400 plus 1.4 Extender III, for 560MM at f8 max aperture (works well in daylight).
    I can't really detect a decrease in sharpness with the extender - certainly nothing that makes me regret choosing the
    extender to get more tele out of the 100-400, especially when it was available on-sale at B&H.

OTOH... that's a pretty reasonable cost to get the Tamron...
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    Tempting....my daughter shoots Canon but she is truly a beginner with her Rebel XS. She has asked for more/different lenses. I'd love to take advantage of one of your offers, but I think each one is too much lens for her right now. :cry

Sherry P.
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2014
    I am still wanting to sell these three lenses and at new, even lower prices

Canon 100-400 IS L - now goes for $950 and I will still cover shopping within the continental US - you listening Sam??

The Sigma ( Canon mount ) 120-300 f2.8 non IS lens I will part with for $950 as well Sold!!

The Tamron 200-500 goes for the amazing low price of $375 and I will cover shipping. SOLD!

Come on folks, these really are great deals for good glass....

• Options
    edited September 15, 2014
    The Tamron 200-500 is sold, and has a new home on the east coast clap.gif

The Sigma 120-300 f2.8 in Canon mount is a fine lens, that my spouse used to great success in Africa. This lens is sold, too!

The Canon 100-400 is still awaiting a new owner as well. Sam, are you still interested??

I am surprised I have had no interest yet in my Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS L ver 1 - this is a superb lens, and a bargain at $1150. Somebody please make me an offer on this lens.

• Options
    RrexyRrexy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2014
    I purchased his Sigma 120-300mm 2.8.
    Received it yesterday (10/07/14)
    Lens is in great condition, both physically and mechanically.
    Great person to deal with!

If you're considering purchasing one of his other offerings, don't hesitate - you won't be disappointed!

Randy
  • Options
    samtansamtan Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 10, 2014
    I was the one who purchase the Tamron 200-500 and received it in great condition.

It was nicely packed with excellent cushioning to keep it safe during shipping.

PF was very patient in answering my questions and I'm glad to have dealt with such a gentleman on my first online camera equipment purchase attempt!

Many thanks again PF thumb.gif