edited October 13, 2014 in Landscapes
A couple from Watson Lake and the Granite Dells, Prescott, AZ

Granite%20Dells-26-L.jpg

Granite%20Dells-28-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2014
    Very nice, Brad. I appreciate the wide perspective you have provided. Most folks tend to condense the scene too much. I like the broader look you've chosen.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2014
    Very nice, Brad. I appreciate the wide perspective you have provided. Most folks tend to condense the scene too much. I like the broader look you've chosen.

Tom

Thanks Tom.

The Granite Dells can suck you into the close up perspectives. Some are pretty cool looking. I was looking for the wide view for a print that folks can see most of the lake.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2014
    That is damn gorgeous! What a hidden gem! Never seen this before and you found great light and nailed it big time! Awesome!
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2014
    Thanks.

We were shooting there for hours in earlier, harsher light, waiting for sun to drop and clouds to cooperate. Once the clouds got some color it all came together. The cool thing on the second image is the orange light on the water coming from the hole in the clouds above. The sun was setting to the left and this view is looking North. I thought is was cool how that hole in the clouds shot down the colors from higher up in the could deck.

Gotta love nature.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 8, 2014
    Awesome. nod.gif
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2014
    kdog wrote: »
    Awesome. nod.gif

Gracias
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2014
    bgarland wrote: »
    Thanks.

We were shooting there for hours in earlier, harsher light, waiting for sun to drop and clouds to cooperate. Once the clouds got some color it all came together. The cool thing on the second image is the orange light on the water coming from the hole in the clouds above. The sun was setting to the left and this view is looking North. I thought is was cool how that hole in the clouds shot down the colors from higher up in the could deck.

Gotta love nature.

Thanks for pointing the hole out Brad. I just noticed it and even more appreciative of how gorgeous this is!
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2014
    The first one is stunning! Great perspective and the light is just right to bring out the colors. Well done!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2014
    redleash wrote: »
    The first one is stunning! Great perspective and the light is just right to bring out the colors. Well done!

Thanks Lauren.