Waiting for another Pro for my customers order to process???

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited October 14, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Honestly I have been on SM since 2007 or 2008 and I got my first order that requires another pro to approve for me to get my order shipped and me paid? I am beyond speachless, my photo site is my site not someone elses and they don't get to choose when I get paid or my order ships... I cannot explain how upset I am.. This is my site not some other pro's site.. How does this happen??

Thanks,

Comments

• TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2014
    David,

When more than one site owner is involved in an order the order will not start printing at the lab until both site owners have released the order from proof delay. You will not be paid for the order until after it ships to the customer as usual. When the customer orders from more than one site owner it does not double the proof delay time. At most it will only be 7 total days for proof delay. If you would like to email us at help@smugmug.com with the order number we can let you know if the order has been released fully from proof delay by all the site owners involved.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2014
    Teach wrote: »
    David,

When more than one site owner is involved in an order the order will not start printing at the lab until both site owners have released the order from proof delay. You will not be paid for the order until after it ships to the customer as usual. When the customer orders from more than one site owner it does not double the proof delay time. At most it will only be 7 total days for proof delay. If you would like to email us at help@smugmug.com with the order number we can let you know if the order has been released fully from proof delay by all the site owners involved.

It is not right that another site can hold up my order and I have no idea who they are, I have released my order which is a large one for me but they are still in proof delay. Imagine if they have a 5 day release and start contacting me about my images. I have no way of knowing who the other site is and I am in close proximitiy that it may be another photog that I am competing for work with in my area.. The hits just keep on coming..

Thanks,
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 14, 2014
    David,
    I know that you were able to discuss this issue with our Support Heroes but for those that may see this thread in the future I wanted to pass along a little insight.

We give the customers the option to save on shipping cost and have the order shipped in one package. If we sent the order to the lab based on site owner, the customer would have to pay multiple shipping charges. Waiting to send the order to the lab once all site owners have approved the order allows for only 1 shipping charge to the customer.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations